Founded in 1966, Heitman LLC is a global real estate investment management firm with over $44 billion in assets under management. Heitman’s real estate investment strategies include direct investments in the equity or debt capitalization of a property or in the securities of listed and publicly traded real estate companies. Heitman serves a global client base with clients from North American, European, Middle Eastern and Asia-Pacific institutions, pension plans, foundations and corporations and individual investors. Headquartered in Chicago, with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, Heitman’s more than 325 employees offer specialized expertise – from a specific discipline to local insight.
Our Chicago office is seeking an Associate in Financial Operations & Analysis to support our Debt business.
The responsibilities of an Associate include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments
- Assist in the review of financial statements, supporting schedules, and related footnotes
- Assist in review of distributions, income/capital estimates, returns, NAV, and investor
- Assist in review and approval of complex accounting transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, and waterfall calculations.
- Assist in coordination, preparation and analysis of quarterly property and debt valuations
- Exhibit knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, and the analysis and reporting of financial performance data (including financial statements, operational variance analysis, time-weighted returns and IRRs).
- Assist asset management team with compilation and analysis for investment budgets and business plans
- Act as liaison support between fund administration, asset management, joint venture partners, and fund clients
- Understand and assist with schedules for compliance with Investment, Joint Venture, Property Management, and Fund Administration agreements
- Complete ad hoc portfolio and client analysis and requests
- High performing accounting and/or finance graduate with 1 – 3 years of experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage requests from multiple business partners
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- High attention to detail
- Highly analytical with strong problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Source: Heitman Career Page
With over $37 billion in assets under management, Heitman is one of the world's premier real estate investment firms. Founded in the mid-1960s, Heitman is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. The company has offices around the world including teams in Chicago, Los Angeles, Frankfurt, London, Luxembourg, Munich, Warsaw, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, and Melbourne.
Heitman's real estate investment strategies include private investments in real estate equity and debt as well as public real estate equity investments. The company actively manages separate account and commingled fund portfolios focused on core, value-add, and opportunistic strategies across North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific. The company is also an active participant in the market for mezzanine and senior debt and offers investment management expertise to institutional investors interested in real estate securities.