ARK, an affiliate of The We Company that serves as its new global real estate acquisition and management platform, is currently seeking a real estate investment professional to join the company’s growing investment and asset management group in London. This investment professional will support the company’s London-based investment and asset management personnel in evaluating and completing real estate transactions, from inception through negotiation and closing, and on ongoing matters in respect of assets under management. S/he will prepare financial analysis, conduct market research, and perform due diligence investigations, and may also be involved in various special projects undertaken by the group. Successful candidates will enjoy working in an environment that is creative, mission-driven, results-oriented, and community-focused.
ARK is an affiliate of The We Company and serves as its new global real estate acquisition and management platform based in New York City. ARK’s focus is acquiring, developing, and managing select real estate assets in global gateway cities and high-growth secondary markets. ARK collaborates with The We Company to apply The We Company’s existing, new, and developing products and methods of community and space management to ARK owned real estate and leverage The We Company’s relationships with partners and enterprise member companies to create vibrant fully-programmed ecosystems.
In addition to these primary responsibilities, this investment professional will also be responsible for the following –
- Create detailed and dynamic investment models using Microsoft Excel and ARGUS Enterprise to evaluate investment opportunities
- Prepare investment memos to facilitate investment committee consideration of investment opportunities
- Perform detailed market analysis including analysis of supply and demand fundamentals, leasing and investment activity, demographic information and trends, economic trends
- Assist in performing acquisition due diligence investigations, including reviewing leases, contracts, and financial information
- Assist with asset management initiatives in respect of acquired assets, including assisting with formulation and execution of business plans and maintaining and updating valuation models
- Support ongoing investor relations and fundraising efforts
Required qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, economics, or a related field, preferably including coursework in real estate
- 2+ years of real estate experience, preferably in the real estate investment and asset management sector and/or real estate investment banking
- Strong solutions-oriented analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the real estate sector
- Intimately familiar with financial modeling techniques and valuation methods used by analysts and investors in the real estate sector, and thorough understanding of key industry metrics used by those stakeholders
- Proficiency in ARGUS Enterprise, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Knowledge and understanding of operations of office properties and commercial leases
- Service-oriented attitude characterised by strong listening skills and the desire to achieve shared success
- Attention to detail and time- and project-management skills
Source: WeWork Career Page
WeWork builds beautiful, shared office spaces, community, and a place to join as an individual, 'me', but where you become part of a greater 'we'. WeWork redefines success as a measure of personal fulfillment, not just the bottom line.
The WeWork mission doesn’t end with the small businesses and entrepreneurs that call us home. WeWork empowers team members to create their own life's work - to move fast and to challenge one another, as well as look after each other and care about the culture.