The Affiliated Insurance Company Investment Management (AICIM) is responsible for overseeing the management of the MetLife General Account investment portfolios, providing a critical component of the asset-liability management (ALM) process. The investment portfolios support a variety of insurance and investment products sold globally by MetLife. Portfolios are primarily comprised of fixed income securities, but also include real estate and other equity investments. Portfolios are managed in an ALM and relative value framework, balancing both current income and total return needs.
The mission of the AICIM group is to develop portfolio management / ALM solutions that help meet company economic, risk, capital and growth objectives. The group’s objectives are: to design portfolio/ALM strategy, to identify, analyze and solve issues and opportunities, to construct portfolio strategy for new business pricing and product development, and to leverage the global ALM governance process.
- Work with AICIM, MIM portfolio managers, market specialists, ALM specialists, etc. to build and develop tools to measure risk and exposures with respect to: net investment income, capital, liquidity, rates, and currency.
- Translate management business objectives into detailed quantitative analysis in support of portfolio strategy development.
- Analyze the impact of ALM, ERM, regulatory constraints and GAAP or statutory accounting on portfolio management strategies.
- Develop and manage initiatives to solve portfolio and risk management issues and/or seize earnings opportunities.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Strong quantitative skills and modeling proficiency.
- Proficiency with VBA, Visual Studio, SQL server and/ or Access platforms.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Source: MetLife Real Estate Career Page
About MetLife Real Estate Investments
Metlife has been investing in real estate since 1878. As a mortgage lender, real estate developer, and owner, MetLife's real estate division manages over $70 billion (as of 12.31.16) of real estate debt and equity investments. These include MetLife general account assets as well as assets managed by MetLife on behalf of third-party investor clients. The breakdown of debt investments to equity investments is $51.8 billion in commercial mortgage loans and $18.6 billion in real estate equity investments.
MetLife's Real Estate Group is headquartered in Whippany, NY with regional offices across the world. The group has 150 real estate professionals strategically placed in U.S. offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Morristown NJ, San Francisco, and Washington DC. as well as in international offices located in London England, Mexico City Mexico, Santiago Chile, and Tokyo Japan. The MetLife senior leadership averages 25 years of real estate experience, 23 years of which with MetLife.