Associates are responsible for analyzing potential investments in seniors housing, outpatient medical facilities, and age-restricted multifamily. Key responsibilities include underwriting potential acquisition and development opportunities; operator/client credit analysis; review and analysis of business plans, management teams, budgets and financial statements, both at the company-wide and individual property or portfolio level. The Investment Team is at the forefront of the growth of the business and has ownership of working on all new investments from the initial valuation and deal structuring through detailed due diligence and closing.
- Financial analysis and forecasting
- Real estate valuation
- Market analysis/site selection
- Demographic and utilization analysis
- Credit analysis
- Business place review
- Manage deal process
- Legal document review
- Monitor and evaluate operator and property performance
- Summarize and report asset management findings to management
- Participate in monthly and quarterly meetings with operators
- Creatively structure equity and debt investments to optimize risk-adjusted returns
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of this employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Project management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant software systems
- Proficiency in real estate modeling including valuations, returns, and waterfall distributions
- Organizational savvy and finesse
- Interpersonal communication
- Ability to work independently
- A positive and professional attitude
Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Experience: A minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in commercial real estate or healthcare investing, lending, investment banking, or investment sales.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
Source: Welltower Career Page
Welltower (NYSE: HCN), formerly known as Healthcare REIT, is a healthcare real estate focused real estate investment trust headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. The company acquires, develops, and manages senior living, memory care, and assisted living facilities. With an enterprise value of $38.5 billion (as of 1Q 2017), Welltower is the fourth largest public real estate company and the largest healthcare REIT in the country.
Welltower partners with senior care operators such as Sunrise Senior Living, Brookdale Senior Living, and Genesis to provide senior housing, long-term post-acute care, and outpatient medical services to over 210,000 residents across 1375 properties in the United States, Canada and the UK. Welltower is based in Toledo, Ohio and has regional offices in Toronto, Canada and London. Its real estate services group is based in Juniper, Florida.