Working within Brookfield’s Property Group’s real estate in Japan and other markets in Asia, you will assist with the financial modelling and investment committee memo preparation for the underwriting and execution of proprietary, non-auction, value-oriented transactions from end to end, focused primarily on:
- Single asset property investment opportunities that meet the criteria of Brookfield’s investment strategy. Property opportunities include any type of assets, i.e. office, retail, residential, industrial, hospitality and etc.
- Multi asset or corporate portfolio opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include assisting with the evaluation and execution of deals, inclusive of identifying value, negotiating, closing and monitoring investments including:
Contribute to investment (acquisition and disposition) sourcing and execution including:
- Building basic valuation models to a high quality including:
- Translating data, research and diligence findings into model inputs
- Building tax, accounting and debut implications into models as relevant
- Modelling structured transactions
- Building in correct model assumptions
- Contribute to more complex financial models under the guidance of others
- Assist with preparation of high quality investment committee presentation materials and other supporting documents in a clear concise manner
- Be involved in various due diligence work streams as requested including:
- Asset risk evaluations
- Cash flow analysis
- Market comparisons
- Contribute to research on market trends, pricing and competition including recent acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, developments
- Assist with the execution of acquisitions and dispositions though to close including preparation of aspects of draft term sheets, letters of intent or offer letters
Assist with submitting and managing information into data room for buyer due diligence
To be successful in the role, it is expected that you possess:
- Economic or business designation with experience in business development, financial analysis, transaction execution and corporate finance.
- 3 + years of private equity, investment banking and/or property experience is an asset
- Ability to work independently and proactively to identify and advance transactions
- Strategic and long-term thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving ability, with ability to think laterally for the benefit of the division and company as a whole
- Presents strategic ideas related to group’s deals and transactions.
- Team-oriented; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop collaborative relationships at all levels in the organization
- Strong technical skills including:
- strong financial analysis
- rigorous approach
- attention to detail
- complete understanding of assigned all aspects of the end to end deal process deals
- clear verbal communication
- succinct written communication for bid and investment business cases
- Disciplined investment ethos
- Creative thinker
- Persuades and negotiates with counterparties
- Acts quickly and is efficient
- Fluent in Japanese and English, both written and verbal
Source: Brookfield Career Page
Brookfield Asset Management is a global alternative asset manager with over 115 years of investment experience. The firm currently has over $285 Billion in assets under management (as of Feb. 2018) managed by more than 70,000 people in over 30 countries.
The firm invests across real estate, private equity, infrastructure, and renewable energy. Brookfield owns and operates a real estate portfolio containing $155 billion worth of assets under management and over 450 million square feet of iconic real estate across all asset classes and throughout the world.