As the ‘Associate’ in the Real Estate, Investment team, you will primarily assist with the financial modelling and investment committee memo preparation for the underwriting and execution of proprietary, non-auction, value-oriented transactions from end to end, focused primarily on:
- Single asset property investment opportunities that meet the criteria of Brookfield’s investment strategy. Property opportunities include any type of assets, i.e. office, retail, residential, industrial, hospitality and etc.
- Multi asset or corporate portfolio opportunities.
The role assists with all aspects of the purchase and disposition of properties including:
- financial, risk and commercial analysis
- drafting components of the business case for acquisitions or dispositions
- supporting materials for bid or offer documentation
To be successful in this role, it is desirable that you possess an economic or business designation with experience in business development, financial analysis, transaction execution and corporate finance.
- A minimum 3 years of private equity and/or property experience is an asset
- Ability to work independently and proactively to identify and advance transactions
- Strategic and long-term thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving ability, with ability to think laterally for the benefit of the division and company as a whole
- Presents strategic ideas related to group’s deals and transactions.
- Team-oriented; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop collaborative relationships at all levels in the organization
- Strong technical skills including:
- strong financial analysis
- rigorous approach
- attention to detail
- complete understanding of assigned all aspects of the end to end deal process deals
- clear verbal communication
- succinct written communication for bid and investment business cases
- Superior communication skills in both English and Chinese.
Source: Brookfield Career Page
Brookfield Asset Management is a global alternative asset manager with over 115 years of investment experience. The firm currently has over $285 Billion in assets under management (as of Feb. 2018) managed by more than 70,000 people in over 30 countries.
The firm invests across real estate, private equity, infrastructure, and renewable energy. Brookfield owns and operates a real estate portfolio containing $155 billion worth of assets under management and over 450 million square feet of iconic real estate across all asset classes and throughout the world.