The program is designed to provide you with a thorough understanding of the business and deep exposure to Welltower’s Outpatient Medical (OM) Leasing organization. You will develop your professional and technical skills with the primary focus being on providing support to the team’s efforts to attract and retain tenants in Welltower’s medical office portfolio.
You’ll be required to live in Washington DC, Chicago, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Nashville or Toledo. Upon the completion of your training, you’ll be promoted to take responsibility for your own leasing portfolio within the East Region.
The program will provide you with a unique mentorship experience that will help build your industry knowledge and give you a strong foundation to prepare you for a successful and enduring career with Welltower.
- Work with the OM Leasing team to execute new and renewal leases across the East region. Work both independently on leases as well as in support of the AVP Leasing or Leasing Directors, depending on the market and situation.
- Provide a wide range of support for OM Leasing team including, but not limited to, providing market research and demographics for transactions, data requests related to meetings with physicians and/or health systems, and completing updates to internal leasing pipeline system.
- Manage preliminary leasing responsibilities, including but not limited to meeting with renewing tenants to determine needs, canvassing prospects in competing buildings and preparing initial underwriting.
- Diligently pursue the close of each lease, perform follow ups, and assist with leasing efforts with prospective tenants including drafting LOI’s, as well as coordination of lease related documents, such as assignments, subleases and amendments.
- Utilize, update and maintain Welltower’s software and data related to market rents, healthcare analytics, business insights and demographics.
- Handle special projects as assigned by the AVP Leasing or Portfolio Manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of this employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Drives Results
- Instills Trust
- Value Differences
20-25% out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Experience: 2-3 years of commercial real estate brokerage experience preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
CCIM preferred, but not required
Source: Welltower Career Page
Welltower (NYSE: HCN), formerly known as Healthcare REIT, is a healthcare real estate focused real estate investment trust headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. The company acquires, develops, and manages senior living, memory care, and assisted living facilities. With an enterprise value of $38.5 billion (as of 1Q 2017), Welltower is the fourth largest public real estate company and the largest healthcare REIT in the country.
Welltower partners with senior care operators such as Sunrise Senior Living, Brookdale Senior Living, and Genesis to provide senior housing, long-term post-acute care, and outpatient medical services to over 210,000 residents across 1375 properties in the United States, Canada and the UK. Welltower is based in Toledo, Ohio and has regional offices in Toronto, Canada and London. Its real estate services group is based in Juniper, Florida.