Associate with Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC in New York, NY.
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week (9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate with Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC in New York, NY. The Alternative Energy Investing Group is an investing group that sits within the Merchant Banking Division at Goldman Sachs. The group is responsible for deploying the Firm’s capital in the alternative energy space in sectors such as solar, wind, clean coal, energy storage, biofuels, and related industries globally.
- Investments include tax equity, debt, structured private equity, and project finance.
- Screening alternative energy investment opportunities in a broad range of Renewable Energy sub-sectors including solar, wind, distributed generation and energy efficiency as well as other infrastructure sub-sectors such as natural gas and water.
- Researching and evaluating new sectors and investment ideas.
- Analyzing investment opportunities across asset classes including structured private equity, mezzanine, tax equity, project financing and debt.
- Financial modeling for a wide spectrum of equity and credit transactions.
- Conducting research to interpret and synthesize data.
- Performing due diligence and executing on investments.
- Creating internal committee memos to present to internal GS teams.
- Assisting in portfolio management including providing quarterly Portfolio Review reports, P&L and risk reporting on the team’s existing portfolio of assets and/or companies.
- Bachelor’s degree (U.S. or foreign equivalent) in Finance, Economics, or related field. Will accept single degree or combination of degrees/certifications and/or professional experience that are equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
- Three (3) years of experience in the job offered or in a related position. Prior experience must include three (3) years with: Utilizing Excel for investment analysis and asset management.
- Working in power or alternative energy sectors. Working with power offtake contracts and different revenue models in the industry.
- Working with companies that manufacture or develop assets with different sector technologies (solar, wind, fuel cell, biofuels, etc).
- Applying analytical technical financial and mathematical requirements for analysis of yields and returns.
- Prior experience must include two (2) years with: Applying accounting skills to perform P&L reporting. Travel is required for due diligence, board meetings, site visits, and conferences. 5-10% of time for domestic travel.
Source: Goldman Sachs Career Page
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE: GS) is a U.S. financial services firm founded in 1869 by Marcus Goldman and Samuel Sachs. It is headquartered at 200 West Street in Lower Manhattan, New York City, NY. The company employs 34,000 employs across the world. Its main business lines include asset management, commercial banking, investment banking, investment management, and prime brokerage.
Goldman Sachs Realty Management Division (RMD) provides real estate investment services and asset management to investments where Goldman Sachs has an interest. The Realty Management Division has offices in the Americas as well as in Europe, Asia, and Australia and is organized into six business units including Hospitality, Loan Asset Management, Real Estate Credit Investing, Portfolio Management, Real Estate Asset Management, and Residential Mortgage Asset Management.