The Associate will become an expert on market elements that impact Commercial Real Estate and perform in-depth financial analysis to evaluate Commercial Real Estate assets. This person will assist the Institutional Investment Sales Advisor with financial analysis, research, and the preparation of market data to be utilized in various client-facing documents and presentations. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate, offering rapid career ascension.
- Breakdown and analyze P&L statements and rent rolls;
- Utilize and maintain databases which track investment sales activity, construction pipeline, and other relevant real estate metrics;
- Assist in the presentation of analyses to clients;
- Review industry surveys and benchmarks, economic and demographic trends;
- Actively assist in the research, writing, and proofing of market intelligence for marketing materials;
- Assist with preparing and presenting the results of the analysis, including graphics and charts, in a clear and concise manner;
- Establish strong working relationships with the team and clients to understand and identify their needs for market intelligence.
- Experience with data analytics such as demographics, competitors, industry and real estate trends, etc.;
- Ability to simplify and effectively communicate complex ideas in writing and through data visualization techniques to diverse audiences;
- Track-record of high performance within a deadline driven environment;
- Commitment to obtaining outstanding results;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment.
Skills and Compliance
- Minimum of five to ten years of previous experience
- Adhere to Berkadia’s policies and exhibit proficiency and understanding of Berkadia’s Values and position-specific skills.
- Expert-level analytical and financial modeling skills;
- Expert-level MS Excel skills;
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint);
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree required; Business-related, Real Estate or Finance field of study preferred;
- Experience in a client-facing role;
- Commercial Real Estate experience;
- Specific experience as an analyst researching market trends and local industries in the Real Estate industry preferred.
- 18 PTO days + 2 floating holidays & 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous tuition reimbursement towards a Masters or Bachelors degree
- 401K match up to 6%
- 12 weeks of 100% paid paternity/maternity leave
- Mentorship with industry professionals
Source: Berkadia Career Page
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Leucadia National Corporation, offers mortgage banking, investment sales and loan servicing offerings to multifamily and commercial property owners in the United States. With over 1,300 experienced industry professionals operating out of 75 offices in primary and secondary market across the United States, Berkadia is one of the largest multifamily services firms in the country.
The company's 100% focus on the real estate multifamily sector differentiates it from its peers and has allowed it to excel at its core competency, namely providing industry-best investment sales advisory, debt placement, structured finance, private equity, and apartment advisory services.