The purpose of this position is to support the Investment Management function on the due diligence of transactions; preparation of investment recommendations, asset management of investments; and provide input for client reporting: requires direct guidance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares preliminary screen of investment opportunities, supports the production financial models for investments, supports production of investment summaries.
- Undertakes the due diligence and underwriting of investments including production of financial analysis, market analysis, property analysis and production of Investment Committee recommendations
- Monitors investments, meets managers regularly, updates fund model for review, produces IOC pack
- Works with Portfolio Management to provide support to quarterly reporting and response to ad hoc to investment queries
- Liaise with managers to collect Yardi questionnaire data and ensures input correctly into system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree required; postgraduate real estate masters preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience that has been acquired in a real estate investment or real estate investment management environment.
- Completed or progressing towards CFA/RICS.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
FSA or equivalent
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
High level of technical knowledge. Clear familiarity with the management of debt and financial reporting. Excellent financial modeling skills.
Ability to think independently and draw key insights from relevant data. Effective problem-solving skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent IT skills; strong analytical and Microsoft Excel modeling skills – prior experience with commercial real estate discounted cash flow modeling. Experience with Argus.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines.
Source: CBRE Career Page
CBRE Group Inc. (NYSE: CBG) is the world's leading real estate services and investment firm. Serving real estate investors and tenants around the globe in more than 100 countries, the company offers services such as: Occupier Outsourcing, Property Management, Development Services, Investment Management, Appraisal and Valuation, Property Sales, and Mortgages Services.
The company boasts 75,000+ employees and generated $13.1 billion in revenue in 2016. It is a Fortune 500 company (#259 in 2016) and was named America's 15th Best Employer by Forbes in 2016. Career opportunites at CBRE are extensive, working in groups such as the Asset Services, Advsisory and Transaction Services , Capital Markets, Valuation and Advisory Services, and CBRE Global Investors. CBRE also offers development services through its subsidiary, Trammell Crow Company.