MIM’s Global Real Estate and Agricultural Investments platform maintains a portfolio invested in commercial real estate and agricultural mortgages, as well as real estate equities. Real Estate Investments sources and manages commercial real estate investments through seven regional field offices in the U.S. and International field offices in London, Tokyo, Mexico City and Santiago. This role will be responsible for loan asset management, servicing, surveillance, and mortgage ratings for a portfolio of commercial real estate loans managed by MetLife Investment Management’s Dallas Regional Office. In addition, this role will also assist loan producers with closing new loan originations.
Loan Asset Management
- Responsible for loan asset management and servicing matters including payoffs, prepayments, lease reviews, SNDA’s, reserves/draw requests, escrows, cash management, loan assumptions, substitutions, property releases, financial reporting, inspections, post-closing items, and other borrower requests on assigned loan portfolio.
- Coordinate and assist with mortgage modifications and restructures.
- Support mortgage originators on new loan transactions and manage the closing process; including, allocation, rate lock, coordinating third party consultants, due diligence, reviewing loan documents, etc.
- Complete loan set up and confirm data accuracy across accounting, third party servicing and management information systems.
- Monitor loan/property performance, monitoring problem loans and assist on note sales.
- Prepare annual mortgage ratings including OSAR financial analysis, market research, and valuation of commercial real estate.
- Partner with mortgage originators, loan managers, analysts, risk management (internal and external), internal departments, third-party servicers, appraisers, regional architects, third party vendors, and legal counsel (in-house and external) on routine tasks and ad-hoc requests.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 3+ years of experience with loan documents including loan agreements, promissory notes, deed of trust, guarantees, escrow agreements, leases and SNDA’s.
- 3+ years of experience with commercial real estate valuation and market fundamentals.
- Proficiency with ARGUS, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Team oriented with excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable business-related field; MBA or MA: Real Estate equivalent.
- 3+ years of commercial real estate experience with various property types including office, retail, industrial, multi-family and hotels.
Source: MetLife Real Estate Career Page
About MetLife Real Estate Investments
Metlife has been investing in real estate since 1878. As a mortgage lender, real estate developer, and owner, MetLife's real estate division manages over $70 billion (as of 12.31.16) of real estate debt and equity investments. These include MetLife general account assets as well as assets managed by MetLife on behalf of third-party investor clients. The breakdown of debt investments to equity investments is $51.8 billion in commercial mortgage loans and $18.6 billion in real estate equity investments.
MetLife's Real Estate Group is headquartered in Whippany, NY with regional offices across the world. The group has 150 real estate professionals strategically placed in U.S. offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Morristown NJ, San Francisco, and Washington DC. as well as in international offices located in London England, Mexico City Mexico, Santiago Chile, and Tokyo Japan. The MetLife senior leadership averages 25 years of real estate experience, 23 years of which with MetLife.