WeWork is seeking to hire an Investments Associate to join its Real Estate Acquisitions team. Key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, supporting the acquisitions team in evaluating investment opportunities by preparing financial analyses, conducting market research, and performing due diligence as well as handling various special projects.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Create detailed and dynamic investment models utilizing Microsoft Excel and ARGUS to evaluate investment opportunities
- Prepare investment memoranda for investment committee consideration
- Perform detailed market analyses on supply/demand fundamentals, leasing and investment activity, demographics, economic trends, etc.
- Assist in performing acquisition due diligence including reviewing leases, contracts, property financials, etc.
- Assist with asset management of investments post-acquisition including formulating business plans and updating valuation models
- Support ongoing investor relations and fundraising efforts
- Actively participate in all aspects of the deal process and support negotiations, including working with strategic partners and other third-parties
- Be part of a lean team of investment professionals in building out an innovative real estate investing platform
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent real estate financial modeling skills
- Proficiency in Argus Enterprise, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Understanding of commercial leases and familiarity with operations of office properties
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize needs
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Outstanding work ethic and must excel under pressure
- Motivated and proactive self-starter
- Team-player with strong interpersonal skills and intuition
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial and creative problem-solver
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. Coursework in Finance, Economics, and Real Estate preferred
- 1 to 4 years of full-time experience in the real estate sector and/or investment banking
Source: WeWork Career Page
WeWork builds beautiful, shared office spaces, community, and a place to join as an individual, 'me', but where you become part of a greater 'we'. WeWork redefines success as a measure of personal fulfillment, not just the bottom line.
The WeWork mission doesn’t end with the small businesses and entrepreneurs that call us home. WeWork empowers team members to create their own life's work - to move fast and to challenge one another, as well as look after each other and care about the culture.