The Associate Underwriter will be responsible for assisting the Senior Underwriter with the analysis and underwriting of loans under various financing programs.
Essential Job Functions (Duties/Responsibilities)
The Associate Underwriter will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Review and analysis of loan application documents including:
- Financial/credit exhibits
- Review of all third party technical reports for underwriting.
- Special projects as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree; finance or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in commercial and/or multi-family real estate finance; Working knowledge of title, survey and legal descriptions. Credit training is a plus but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Proficient in Excel and Word. Strong written and oral communication skills are necessary.
- Knowledge of mortgages, real estate market, and financial lending.
- Possess excellent communication, organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize projects; complete multiple tasks on schedule.
- Must be hard working, detail oriented and must be able to work collaboratively as well as independently.
Travel: Up to 5%
Source: Arbor Realty Career Page
About Arbor Realty Trust
Arbor Realty Trust (NYSE: ABR) is a United States real estate investment trust that provides debt and equity capital for apartment and commercial property owners nationwide. With a current servicing portfolio of more than $13 billion, Arbor is a top 10 Fannie Mae Multifamily Lender, a top Fannie Mae Small Loan Lender, a Freddie Mac Program Plus Seller/Servicer, and the #1 Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan Lender. Arbor also originates CMBS, bridge, mezzanine, and preferred equity.
Founded in 1983 by Chairman and CEO Ivan Kaufman, Arbor Realty Trust is based in Uniondale, NY with offices across the United States. Arbor offers a wide-array of career opportunities for real estate professionals interested in loan origination, servicing, and equity placement.