Arbor, a real estate investment trust that invests in a diversified portfolio of multifamily and commercial real estate-related loans and other real estate-related assets, has a career opportunity for a VP, Asset Management. The AVP, Asset Management will be responsible for the management of assets in Arbor Realty Trust’s (ART) loan portfolio and/or overall management of Arbor’s REO property portfolio.
Essential Job Functions (Duties/Responsibilities)
The AVP, Asset Management will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Creating and implementing business plans associated with a variety of real estate related assets, including mezzanine and bridge loans, REO properties and preferred equity positions.
- Coordinate with senior management in analyzing strategies for workouts, foreclosures, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Conduct active portfolio surveillance, monitor loan/property performance, handle problem loans, assist on note sales, and coordinate workouts/restructures.
- Administer REO activities as needed (oversee property management, brokerage/sales, etc.)
- Evaluate properties to determine liquidation strategy, rehab versus as-is, likely gross proceeds and risks generated by each and provide support documentation of the opinion. Manage disposition process once decision is made by management
- Lead valuation efforts, working in conjunction with the Asset Management team to update property valuations.
- Prepare and monitor loan portfolio performance reports and metrics.
- Maintain complete record of approved actions and borrower and lender client communication
- Work with Arbor’s internal and external legal counsel to obtain understanding and resolve any REO-related issues.
Asset Management Responsibilities:
- Perform financial analysis of properties including operating statements, budget and variance review, loan administration and borrower support, workout and foreclosure analysis, lease analysis, appraisal and engineering report reviews, etc. Also coordinate new loan activity with underwriters, attorneys, accounting, servicing, etc. Assess loan risk within the portfolio and make recommendations to senior management to mitigate the risk.
- Train Asset Management staff.
- Perform quarterly property level valuations in order to value the asset.
- Conduct market research to determine various factors impacting property level performance.
- Prepare quarterly reports, valuations and risk ratings.
- Overseeing the implementation of business plans associated with a variety of real estate-related assets, including mezzanine and bridge loans, REO properties and preferred equity positions.
Work closely with senior management in analyzing strategies for workouts, foreclosures, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Review and interpret legal documents, such as loan agreements, guarantees, and promissory notes, and coordinate with borrower and respective staff to ensure the loans remain in compliance.
- Monitor capital improvement projects to ensure timely completion within budgets.
- Additional loan servicing and reporting as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, in Finance, Real Estate or Accounting; Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum 8+ years Asset Management experience is required with an emphasis on REO Asset Management, valuations, relationship management, workouts, capital markets, and rehabilitation.
- Strong knowledge of real estate markets with particular emphasis on office, residential condominium and hospitality sectors.
- Ability to think “outside the box” and be able to present ideas clearly and concisely both written and verbally. Should also have the ability to learn and train the analytical staff.
- The qualified candidate will be hard-working, detail-oriented, and well-organized.
Travel: Up to 30%
Source: Arbor Realty Career Page
About Arbor Realty Trust
Arbor Realty Trust (NYSE: ABR) is a United States real estate investment trust that provides debt and equity capital for apartment and commercial property owners nationwide. With a current servicing portfolio of more than $13 billion, Arbor is a top 10 Fannie Mae Multifamily Lender, a top Fannie Mae Small Loan Lender, a Freddie Mac Program Plus Seller/Servicer, and the #1 Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan Lender. Arbor also originates CMBS, bridge, mezzanine, and preferred equity.
Founded in 1983 by Chairman and CEO Ivan Kaufman, Arbor Realty Trust is based in Uniondale, NY with offices across the United States. Arbor offers a wide-array of career opportunities for real estate professionals interested in loan origination, servicing, and equity placement.