The Associate will be an integral part of the Chief Investment Office and will be involved with the implementation and execution of portfolio management strategy/operations across the Blackstone Credit businesses. The position will focus on project management, fund modeling, and related profitability analysis. The associate will play an integral role as a liaison between various externally and internally facing teams and there will be significant collaboration across various groups internally at Blackstone Credit. This position will also provide strategic support for the business’ leadership.
The Associate will work on a wide range of projects and assignments. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Investment strategy, portfolio management and analytics, and new product development
- Projecting out asset forecasts including private, opportunistic, and broadly syndicated strategies
- Managing pipeline, asset forecasting, and portfolio management related projects
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to project manage/drive execution of new initiatives
- Consolidation and optimization of existing, disparate processes to ensure information utility and efficiency
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and time management skills, the successful candidate must have:
- At least 1 year of relevant experience, preferably within Investment Banking, Consulting, or Credit Investing
- An understanding of credit and leveraged finance markets is a plus
- Exceptionally strong financial modeling and PowerPoint presentation skills
- Strong organizational and process management skills
- A demonstrated strong work ethic and desire to work in a collaborative, small team environment
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong interpersonal, communication and quantitative skills
- Intellectual curiosity
Source: Blackstone Career Page
Blackstone is a multinational private equity, alternative asset management, and financial services firm based in New York City, NY. Blackstone's Real Estate Group is one of the most well-known and well-respected real estate firms in the world and is known for its proven strategy: "Buy it, Fix it, Sell it."
Blackstone manages and deploys real estate allocated capital for large institutional investors and high net worth individuals. With $102 billion of assets under management and nearly $200 billion in gross asset value, Blackstone is the largest real estate private equity firm in the world.
The real estate group operates across Europe, Asia, North America, and Latin America. Its real estate investment strategy covers the risk spectrum, from opportunistic to core, and seeks to generate outsized risk-adjusted returns for its investors. The company has 420 real estate professionals in 12 offices worldwide.