Responsible for analyzing moderate to complex information to prepare various reports and loan submission packages. Knows and uses fundamental concepts, practices and procedures associated with commercial real estate finance, including commercial appraising, market analysis, and investment analysis.
Senior Real Estate Analysts play a critical role at CBRE, utilizing their expertise in Commercial Real Estate (CRE) finance to lead analytical projects, and support CBRE DSF professionals. The Senior Real Estate Analyst will have experience working on various types of real estate transactions, with experience conducting due diligence, valuing CRE properties, sizing loans, and overseeing critical process-driven tasks at various stages of the loan cycle to drive transactions to closing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Mortgage Banking professionals in sourcing and executing business
- Prepare analysis and underwriting of financing opportunities including cash flow and financial modeling, market analysis, sponsorship underwriting and analyzing debt among a range of potential sources
- Assist in ongoing underwriting and deal management in close coordination with senior loan originator and supporting team members, including the review of Excel-based underwriting workbooks and assist in the gathering, coordination and review of due diligence materials
- Review, analyze and reconcile financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements and pertinent market information, including rent/sale comps, capitalization rates, market vacancy, trends, and other data necessary to evaluate specific loan opportunities
- Prepare formal loan applications for lenders and internal underwriters including written narrative reports and backup analysis and data. Answer questions from lenders and internal underwriters generated by the submission and research, analyze and provide additional information on request.
- Interface with external parties including owners of real estate, providers of capital, vendors, consultants and attorneys.
- May interface with clients, lenders, government agencies, etc. to complete tasks.
- Other duties as assigned
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university; minimum three years mortgage banking experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Course work or commensurate experience with fundamentals of real estate finance, basic appraisal principals, market analysis and accounting.
- 3-5 years of experience in underwriting / financial analytical capacity; experience in commercial real estate strongly preferred .
- Comfort and proficiency in underwriting and analyzing real estate debt opportunities
- Advanced Excel modeling skills required
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong organizational, time management, verbal and written skills
- Strong desire to succeed and ability to work effectively with minimal oversight, while functioning in a team environment
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Salesperson or real estate brokers license preferred but not required.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Proficient in Microsoft Suite products including: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. Knowledge of ARGUS preferred.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBRE), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2019 revenue). The company has more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliates) and serves real estate investors and occupiers through more than 530 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services. Please visit our website at www.cbre.com.