GSAM Real Estate Investment Department (REID) manages real estate assets in Japan under private REIT and private fund structure for Japanese pension, financial institution, etc. REID is also expanding a scope of business for an international investors aiming investment into Japanese real estate. We are a team of professionals which cover a wide range of real estate investment activities including sourcing, underwriting, fund structuring, closing, managing core and core plus real estate assets, and financing of the deals. Seeking to hire an Vice President with relevant experience in managing, structuring, closing, and underwriting real estate investments.
As a Associate in REID, this position will report to the respective equity investors of the transaction and main responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Asset management of existing investments
- Portfolio management of existing investments
- Closing execution / documentation of transactions
- Direct communications with internal deal team, investors, lenders, trust banks, sellers, brokers, lawyers, accountants etc.
- Underwrite acquisition transactions including working on committee memorandums
- Financial modeling, power point presentations, various internal memorandums
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 8 years of working experience in relevant industry
- Native level in Japanese reading / writing skills
- Business level or above in English reading / writing skills
- Logical thinking and well organized with good project management skills
- Excellent skills in Excel / Word / PowerPoint
- Good communication skill
- Understanding of basic corporate finance (NPV, IRR, etc) Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer.
Source: Goldman and Sachs Career Page
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE: GS) is a U.S. financial services firm founded in 1869 by Marcus Goldman and Samuel Sachs. It is headquartered at 200 West Street in Lower Manhattan, New York City, NY. The company employs 34,000 employs across the world. Its main business lines include asset management, commercial banking, investment banking, investment management, and prime brokerage.
Goldman Sachs Realty Management Division (RMD) provides real estate investment services and asset management to investments where Goldman Sachs has an interest. The Realty Management Division has offices in the Americas as well as in Europe, Asia, and Australia and is organized into six business units including Hospitality, Loan Asset Management, Real Estate Credit Investing, Portfolio Management, Real Estate Asset Management, and Residential Mortgage Asset Management.