This role is within GDS – North America giving the right individual an opportunity to leverage their extensive Investment Services and Operations experience in providing clients and internal partners optimal operational solutions. While the role is based in the US, there is global function as work is required on onboarding from global regions.
The Client Operations Manager (COM) is responsible for managing and overseeing a client’s operational workflow within Invesco’s investment services processes including but not limited to; client onboarding, transitions, and reporting, that will ultimately help build our institutional business and strengthen and expand our client relationships.
COM will serve as the client service operational contact for institutions in addition to working closely with Channel Heads, Sales, Relationship Managers, and Consultant Relations.
This individual will lead the management of client onboardings involving pre-onboard to completion and be assigned a group of clients for continued operational servicing, liaising between the client, distribution, and operations ensuring the delivery of a superior client experience.
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the firm’s client lifecycle management activities to the highest level
- Lead and manage sophisticated client onboardings for institutional separate accounts, sub-advised and direct real estate forming trust and delivering on execution during this relationship-defining event
- Act as central point of contact for institutional clients related to all their operational requests
- Act as primary conduit between Sales and Investment Services (IS) teams; facilitating client’s operational issues to resolution, proactively working to provide strategic solutions
- Lead and actively measure/monitor success for their client specific onboarding activities; ensure client SLAs, KPIs, custodian account opening packages are completed and delivered accurately, timely, efficiently and teams meet critical deadlines
- Establish strong working relationship with internal teams; Trading, Legal, Compliance, Investment teams, Trust Company, Performance & Risk, and Operations to help drive both onboarding and offboarding clients
- Develop and maintain working relationships with external third parties critical to the client partnership (custodians, consultants, outsourced services)
- Work with partners to regularly review processes to identify and prioritize enhancements to existing processes, including business automation, and minimizing operational risk
- Provide strong leadership, monitoring, and oversight, of the operational processes impacting client accounts and improving on internal processes where needed
- Provide regular briefings to the Head of COM on significant issues; escalate any likelihood of failure to complete processes by deadlines
The experience and skills you bring:
- 8+ years of direct Investment Operations experience
- 5+ years of direct Client Service experience
- 5+ years of Account Onboarding and Transitions
- Strong understanding of account onboarding requirements in the asset management industry
- Institutional client servicing within the asset management industry
- Broad asset management product knowledge and understanding
- Preferably versed in assets under management for fixed income, derivative and equity products
- Dealing with cross-divisional issues and prioritization
- Leading complex projects and/or initiatives along with the active coordination among all internal and external stakeholders
- Business risk and sound working knowledge of robust operating procedures and controls; reviewing processes and making enhancements
- Proven time management and prioritization skills
- Technology savvy with strong understanding and/or usage of the following or equivalent: complete Microsoft Suite, CRMs (i.e. Salesforce), workflow management tools (i.e. Appian), document management and process optimization solutions (i.e. DocuSign), metrics reports
- Strong interpersonal skills to build robust relationships and interact effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organization as well as good written communication
- Actively seeks feedback to continuously improve self and the team
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience in an asset management firm
- Advanced degree or CFA preferred
Source: Invesco’s Career Page
About Invesco Real Estate
Invesco Ltd. is a privately-owned investment management company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded over 70 years ago, the company is relied on by institutional investors across the world to manage their various invested assets. The company currently has over $800 billion in assets under management managed by over 6,000 employees in 11 countries.
Invesco Real Estate (IRE) was established in 1983 as the real estate investment division of Invesco Ltd. IRE manages a real estate portfolio of $67.8 billion (as of 12.31.16) with CRE investment teams in 21 locations around the world covering properties in North America, Asia, and Europe.
The Invesco Real Estate Team is made up of 447 employees, managing investments in direct real estate, real estate securities including both equity and debt, infrastructure securities, and master limited partnerships. Employees work out of offices in Atlanta (HQ), Dallas, Newport Beach, New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Munich, Prague, Madrid, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singapore, Seoul, Luxembourg, Beijing, Sydney, Warsaw, Milan, and Hyderabad.