This position requires deep knowledge of private markets investing with a focus on global real estate investing and product distribution. The position allows the opportunity to participate financially in building a business through the raising of assets. Because the CPM acts as an extension of the portfolio management team, this individual must have a strong understanding of the markets and be perceived as a credible investor. The CPM must have an identifiable talent for communicating with clients and will need to work closely with both Strategic and Regional Advisor Consultants as well as relevant channel leaders. The CPM will require a balance of individual initiative and team orientation to drive toward the larger purpose of the success of INREIT and Private Markets.
You will be responsible for:
- Partner with Invesco’s broader sales force through all channels to ensure a high degree of engagement with the strategy’s most significant clients and prospects.
- This includes encouraging deep relationships with Senior Advisor Consultants to develop an achievable and successful plan for each territory.
- Represent INREIT’s investment strategies as well as Invesco’s broader private market capabilities through a deep understanding of the portfolio, activity, performance analytics and driven positioning
- Build and execute on business plan for the region that raises the awareness of INREIT and builds substantial flows over time. Activities include:
- proactive engagement with territory relationships, client support through meetings and telephone calls, speaking engagements at regional events, strategic account and industry conferences, and additional marketing opportunities
- Monitor and proactively engage in pipeline of opportunities to ensure the highest close rate possible
- Continuously develop powerful sales ideas and positioning phrases to become partner of choice for Invesco distribution
- Act as liaison between the portfolio management team and Invesco’s sales force and clients to ensure the team’s investment strategies are effectively represented
- Work with Product Management, Sales & Marketing, Legal & Compliance, and other departments to handle business-related activities
- Take a leadership role in the region with respect to the business plans, including monitoring assets, flows, and the pipeline of opportunities
- Champion positive relationships with the Senior Advisor Consultants. Seek to better understand their business activities and become a more effective business partner.
- Supply relevantly to the Private Markets team consistently communicating success stories and lessons learned for the benefit of the success of the team.
- Ensure that investment insights of the investment teams are delivered internally and externally via national conference calls, whitepapers, blogs and other media
- Partner with the team’s Product Manager to develop presentation materials, market data research, and competitive analysis
The experience you bring:
- 15+ years of relevant experience in investment management
- Proven track record of successful capital raising
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work and collaborate across multiple distribution channels
- Experience representing products in the private markets with broader capital markets experience preferred
- Prior client portfolio management experience is desirable
- Record of success as a self-starter capable of taking a leadership role in business execution
- Willingness to travel
- CFA and/or CAIA preferred
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses or commitment to complete in required timeframe
Source: Invesco’s Career Page
About Invesco Real Estate
Invesco Ltd. is a privately-owned investment management company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded over 70 years ago, the company is relied on by institutional investors across the world to manage their various invested assets. The company currently has over $800 billion in assets under management managed by over 6,000 employees in 11 countries.
Invesco Real Estate (IRE) was established in 1983 as the real estate investment division of Invesco Ltd. IRE manages a real estate portfolio of $67.8 billion (as of 12.31.16) with CRE investment teams in 21 locations around the world covering properties in North America, Asia, and Europe.
The Invesco Real Estate Team is made up of 447 employees, managing investments in direct real estate, real estate securities including both equity and debt, infrastructure securities, and master limited partnerships. Employees work out of offices in Atlanta (HQ), Dallas, Newport Beach, New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Munich, Prague, Madrid, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singapore, Seoul, Luxembourg, Beijing, Sydney, Warsaw, Milan, and Hyderabad.