Location: Portland, Oregon
Job Title: Associate Project Manager
CVP is seeking an Associate Project Manager to join our team. In this role, you will work on multiple projects in several states. You will be responsible for managing various stages of the property development process, including due diligence, design, entitlement, and construction. To be successful in this role, you will have to think creatively, work independently, and take ownership of assigned tasks and projects. The role will involve significant travel to project sites within the Western US.
As CVP is a small office, the role offers the opportunity to touch the entire property development lifecycle. We enjoy a dynamic and fast-paced working atmosphere where no two days are alike.
- Analyzing potential development projects, including review of planning policies, zoning, surveys, title commitments, and site features
- Leading site and building design and coordination efforts between architects, engineers, consultants, and tenants
- Creation and maintenance of project budgets and development schedules
- Working tactically with local, state, and other jurisdictions to secure development approvals
- Drive both internal and external stakeholders to meet project goals
- Assisting in managing general contractors by setting out project scope, negotiating contracts, and monitoring performance
- Assisting CVP team in analyzing and underwriting possible acquisitions
- Providing support in keeping complete and organized files
- Traveling to project sites, jurisdictions, and for vendor meetings up to 25% of working time
- Performing special ad hoc projects, reporting, and analysis as needed
- One to three years of work experience in property development, planning, architecture, engineering, or related built-environment field
- Demonstrated interest in the built environment, construction, planning, or architecture
- Eagerness to learn and highly adaptable to new projects, processes, and ways of working
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sound financial knowledge and ability to manage budgets, basic financial modeling, and forecasting
- Innovative and solutions oriented – demonstrated resourcefulness, optimism, and flexibility in approach to project assignments
- Quick-thinking and able to simultaneously manage multiple, complex projects
- Highly organized and an acute attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and sense of humor
At CVP, we believe that a business is only as good as its people. That’s why we’re invested in providing a broad range of employee benefits and perks that demonstrate our commitment to our people, their growth and development, and to the vibrant CVP culture we are building together. CVP offers a competitive salary plus eligibility for performance-based bonuses. We also offer a healthy benefits package, plus some perks:
- Three weeks paid vacation, as well as paid holidays
- Flexible work schedules with time off around major holidays
- 401(k) plan with an employer match
- Employer sponsored networking opportunities and conference attendance
- Healthcare benefits (medical, dental & vision)
- Student loan repayment program
- Training program (internal and external)
- Parental leave
Qualified applicants can apply by sending a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Select applicants will be contacted for interviews.
About Cole Valley Partners
Cole Valley Partners (CVP) is a real estate investment, development and operations firm. Since its inception in 2013, CVP has focused on developing and re-positioning retail-oriented properties in the Western United States. We are a small, entrepreneurial team based in Portland, Oregon and are currently working on properties in seven states.
CVP is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm, we are committed to fostering belonging in a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recruit without regard to race and ethnicity, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and veteran status, just to name a few. We strongly encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. CVP is a Certified B Corp that offers an employee friendly work environment and highly competitive benefits.