The position will be responsible for overseeing and driving the new loan origination process for commercial real estate clients in Real Estate Banking. The candidate must have a strong working knowledge of the commercial real estate industry, banking rules and regulations, and have had prior experience of transacting and administering construction loans and real estate term loans. Candidates must be experienced, independent, and qualified credit professionals with the ability to manage a number of dynamic credit situations, as well as act as a leader to efficiently utilize team resources and provide accurate, timely results.
- Evaluating new loan opportunities; identifying strengths and weaknesses of proposed transactions
- Structuring complex loans and coordinating the credit approval process in conjunction with Underwriters, Client Executives, and Credit Executives
- Preparing and negotiating term sheets, negotiating loan documentation
- Coordinating the real estate closing process, including reviewing the due diligence
- Presenting to senior management proposed loan transactions; confidently exercise authority while clearly articulating the reasoning behind recommended credit decisions
- Contributing to the development and execution of client strategies in collaboration with Client Executives
- Reviewing Underwriting, Investment Committee Memorandums, Credit Approval Packages, and Risk Rating recommendations
- Overseeing compliance with established underwriting standards and guidelines, credit approval requirements, and other policies and procedures associated with new loan originations
- Assisting with training and development of junior staff members and in some cases managing staff where applicable
- Preferably 7+ years of commercial banking/lending experience, including extensive credit, structuring, closing, and loan documentation experience
- Experience in Commercial Real Estate Credit is required
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly express and support opinions in a confident and diplomatic manner, listen thoughtfully to the input and critiques of managers and team members, and effectively articulate positions to senior management
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact with clients, counsel, products partners, and senior management
- Significant accounting and finance knowledge, as well as strong knowledge of real estate fundamentals and concepts.
- Strong analytical and business writing skills
- Knowledge of JPMC or similar bank policies and procedures preferred
- Completion of a major corporate banking credit training program
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Power Point
- BA/BBA required; MBA a plus
Source: JP Morgan Career Page
About J.P.Morgan Asset Management
With over $82 billion in assets under management, more than 400 real asset professionals strategically located across the globe, and 45 years of history successfully investing in real estate, sophisticated investors will not find a more experienced investment partner than JPMorgan Asset Management - Global Real Estate.
Global Real Estate is the private real estate business within the alternatives platform of JPMorgan Asset Management. JPMorgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager for individuals, advisors, and institutions. It is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world with nearly $2 trillion of AUM.
The Global Real Estate group's 400+ strong team brings extensive expertise in all areas of real estate investment and management including portfolio management, acquisitions, and asset management as well as deep knowledge of real estate accounting, legal, risk control, joint ventures, leasing, workouts, dispositions, debt capital markets, appraisal and valuation, engineering, and environmental issues.