Global Real Estate and Agricultural Investments maintain a portfolio invested in commercial real estate and agricultural mortgages, as well as real estate equities. Real Estate Investments sources and manages commercial real estate investments through seven regional field offices in the U.S. and International field offices in London, Tokyo, Mexico City and Santiago. This role will be responsible for supporting new debt originations and loan servicing acquisitions for MetLife’s general account and third-party investors. The portfolio includes office, retail, industrial, multi-family and hotels.
- Support the Mortgage Team in sourcing and originating new commercial real estate loans.
- Assist in the underwriting and valuation of commercial real estate assets for new loans.
- Provide in-depth analysis and assist with the preparation of new transaction approval memoranda.
- Assist with due diligence, data input, information collection efforts, and the closing process.
- Support loan asset management initiatives of the existing real estate debt portfolio including borrower requests, third party investor compliance, internal reporting, post-closing requirements, lease reviews, draw requests, loan boarding, and portfolio surveillance.
- Assist the Mortgage Team on the existing portfolio with valuations, mortgage ratings, financial statement reviews, and data entry.
- Provide systems and database support and assist with property inspections.
- Research markets, company and industry data and financial market information.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Results orientated team player. Emphasis on communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Strong quantitative and computer skills, specifically advanced Excel modeling.
- Preference given to candidates who have relevant experience (knowledge of Argus Enterprise, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable business-related field required, MBA or equivalent preferred.
- At least 2 years relevant experience with demonstrated understanding of commercial real estate valuation and discounted cash flow analysis.
Source: MetLife Real Estate Career Page
About MetLife Real Estate Investments
Metlife has been investing in real estate since 1878. As a mortgage lender, real estate developer, and owner, MetLife's real estate division manages over $70 billion (as of 12.31.16) of real estate debt and equity investments. These include MetLife general account assets as well as assets managed by MetLife on behalf of third-party investor clients. The breakdown of debt investments to equity investments is $51.8 billion in commercial mortgage loans and $18.6 billion in real estate equity investments.
MetLife's Real Estate Group is headquartered in Whippany, NY with regional offices across the world. The group has 150 real estate professionals strategically placed in U.S. offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Morristown NJ, San Francisco, and Washington DC. as well as in international offices located in London England, Mexico City Mexico, Santiago Chile, and Tokyo Japan. The MetLife senior leadership averages 25 years of real estate experience, 23 years of which with MetLife.