Hillwood is currently seeking a Development Coordinator in our Harrisburg (West Shore), PA office. This position primarily supports a Northeast regional, commercial real estate team in all aspects of the site development and building construction process. An ability to understand, monitor and communicate important legal contractual obligations and activities is important. The role also includes accounts payable/invoice administration relating to construction contracts and commercial lease agreements, as well as general office management.
- Request proposals from and prepare contractor/consultant agreements, including negotiating form agreements and change orders, verifying signature blocks, and obtaining insurance certificates and W-9s as needed. Maintain current insurance certificates on projects.
- Coordinate timely receipt of all contractor/consultant deliverables.
- Work with development team and legal in gathering/coordinating due diligence, including maintaining cloud-based document storage (i.e., Box.com).
- Maintain project checklists and project directories.
- Bank Loans – Coordinate documentation for lenders/inspectors for each project, including due diligence, utility/zoning verification, title work, etc., as well as maintaining bank checklist. Work with accounting to prepare monthly construction draws.
- Construction – Verify and process monthly pay apps, change orders, lien waivers, etc. for each project. Distribute closeout documents at the end of each project.
- Work with development team and legal (internal and external) in preparing various easements, agreements, title and survey matters, etc.
- Work with development team, corporate, municipalities and other governmental agencies in obtaining/renewing/releasing Letters of Credit posted as improvement security.
- Participate in weekly Development meetings (regional and corporate), keep task list updated and keep development team on track with tasks.
- Work with Corporate to maintain Corporate Critical Dates Report and review weekly for upcoming dates, keeping team informed of such dates.
- Assist with preparation and updating of pursuit forecasts, budgets, tracking expenditures, etc.
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly reports as requested by Corporate.
- Work with local government agencies, utility companies, etc. in preparing applications, obtaining permits, etc.
- Work with Corporate in maintaining Building Database of all projects, as well as other tracking reports as needed.
- Maintain site, deal and competition database.
Acquisition & Disposition
- Read, transfer and manage documents and due diligence materials.
- Assist in obtaining assignment of contracts, as well as consents from contractors, consultants and governmental agencies.
- Arrange onsite inspection appointments with property management, tenants, and third-party consultants.
- Monitor internal correspondence of acquisition and disposition team. Coordinate checklist with legal. Coordinate earnest money.
- Assist market leader, development team and legal with pursuit documentation, Confidentiality Agreements, Letters of Intent, Purchase and Sale Agreements, etc.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Prepare and process expense reports.
- Code and process invoices, prepare and process check requests, set up new vendors.
- Coordinate client meetings, to include conference calls, meals, travel, etc.
- Keep calendars updated with meetings, travel, etc.
- Update contact database (Salesforce) as requested.
- Assist with preparation, production and organization of documents, correspondence, spreadsheets, reports, proposals, presentations, etc. using MS Office.
- Coordinate weekly project and pursuit meetings.
- Meet weekly with team to update all pipeline reports.
- Keep filing current (network files, paper files, Corporate files, etc.).
- Liaison with internal IT and Security teams, as well as office maintenance.
- Handle other various administrative/office tasks (i.e., office/kitchen supplies, mail/FedEx, janitorial, etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in Real Estate and/or Construction.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Real estate, construction management and project accounting experience a plus.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and self-manage deadline expectations across a team of independent project managers.
- Proficiency in MS Office software applications, Adobe or Bluebeam, Salesforce.
- Demonstrate high level of professional demeanor, integrity, ethics and leadership.
Source: Hillwood Career Page
If you like to work with smart, driven individuals in an entrepreneurial, opportunistic and innovative team environment, then Hillwood may be the place for you. As a Perot Company, we offer a Legacy of success in business, Excellence in all that we do, and the Vision to lead the industries we serve. Genuine care for our team, the communities we serve, our country and the well being of those in need are hallmarks of our unique family-oriented culture. So, if you’re looking for a great place to build your career, we look forward to speaking with you.
Hillwood offers competitive pay and benefits with an unsurpassed focus on the health and wellness of our Associates.