Hillwood is currently seeking a Development Coordinator in our Rosemont, IL office. This position primarily supports a Northeast regional, commercial real estate team in all aspects of the site development and building construction process. An ability to understand, monitor and communicate important legal contractual obligations and activities is important. The role also includes accounts payable/invoice administration relating to construction contracts and commercial lease agreements, as well as general office management.
- Prepare contractor/consultant agreements and change orders, including negotiating original form agreements with legal and consultant verifying signature blocks, and obtaining insurance certificates and W-9s as needed.
- Coordinate timely receipt of all contractor/consultant deliverables.
- Maintain project checklists and project directories.
- Bank Loans – Work with corporate and development team to coordinate documentation for lenders/inspectors, including due diligence, utility/zoning verification, title work, etc. Work with accounting to prepare monthly construction draws.
- Construction – Verify and process monthly pay apps, change orders, lien waivers, etc. for each project. Distribute closeout documents at the end of each project.
- Work with development team and legal (internal and external) in preparing various easements, agreements, title and survey matters, etc.
- Work with development team, corporate, municipalities and other governmental agencies in obtaining/renewing/releasing Letters of Credit posted as improvement security and track critical dates.
- Work with local government agencies, utility companies, etc. in preparing applications, obtaining permits, etc. Verify use of correct entity, signature block, address, etc.
- Participate in weekly development meetings (individual, regional and corporate), keep task list updated and keep development team on track with tasks.
- Work with corporate and legal to maintain Corporate Critical Dates Report for agreements, contracts, permits, etc. and review weekly for upcoming dates, keeping team informed of such dates.
- Assist with preparation and updating of pursuit forecasts, budgets, tracking expenditures, etc.
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly reports as requested by corporate.
- Work with corporate in maintaining building database of all projects in Quickbase as well as other tracking reports as needed.
- Maintain site, deal and competition database (Salesforce).
- Code and process development invoices; prepare and process development check requests.
- Work with corporate marketing in preparing distribution list for Construction Progress Photos and obtaining photographer, if necessary.
Acquisition & Disposition:
- Work with acquisition/disposition team, development team and legal in gathering/coordinating due diligence, including maintaining checklist and cloud-based document storage (i.e., Box.com).
- Assist in obtaining assignment of contracts, as well as consents from contractors, consultants and governmental agencies.
- Arrange onsite inspection appointments with property management, tenants, and third-party consultants.
- Coordinate earnest money.
- Assist market leader, development team and legal with pursuit documentation, i.e., Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Agreements, Letters of Intent, Purchase and Sale Agreements, etc.
- Make travel arrangements, following any travel policies in effect.
- Prepare and process expense reports, following any travel policies in effect.
- Code and process invoices, prepare and process check requests, set up new vendors.
- Coordinate client meetings, to include conference calls, meals, travel, etc.
- Assist in organizing special events.
- Keep calendars updated with meetings, travel, etc.
- Update contact database (Salesforce) as requested.
- Assist with preparation, production and organization of documents, correspondence, spreadsheets, reports, proposals, presentations, etc. using MS Office.
- Coordinate weekly project and pursuit meetings.
- Meet weekly with team to update all pipeline and land bank reports.
- Maintain insurance certificates on projects.
- Liaison with Hillwood IT and Security teams, as well as building office maintenance.
- Set up new offices, maintain office leases and critical dates and prepare/process rent checks.
- Assist in onboarding/offboarding of employees.
- Handle other various administrative/office tasks (i.e., office/kitchen supplies, mail/FedEx, janitorial, etc.).
- Ability to handle confidential information and protect intellectual privacy.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and self-manage deadline expectations across a team of independent project managers.
- Demonstrate high level of professional demeanor, integrity, ethics and leadership.
- Proficiency in MS Office software applications, Adobe or Bluebeam, Salesforce.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in Real Estate and/or Construction.
- Real estate, construction management and project accounting experience a plus.
Source: Hillwood Career Page
Based in Dallas, Texas and founded by Ross Perot, Jr. in 1988, Hillwood is a well-respected, entrepreneurial-minded real estate firm grounded in the core principles of character, courage, and integrity espoused by its founder. Today, Hillwood is one of the top industrial, commercial, and residential developers in the United States.
The company's founding project, AllianceTexas, has been touted by industry experts as one of the best mixed-use developments in the world. Spanning 18,000 acres and 43 million square feet of real estate, AllianceTexas has led to $64 billion in economic impact and created over 47,000 jobs. Since developing AllianceTexas, Hillwood has gone on to develop other office, retail, industrial, multifamily, and land developments.
Hillwood is continually recognized as one of the most well-regarded real estate development and investment firms in the United States. Among a long list of accolades, Hillwood was named Developer of the Year in 2016 and Industrial Developer of the Year in 2015.
Hillwood companies include AllianceTexas, Hillwood Communities, Hillwood Investment Properties, Hillwood Properties, Hillwood Urban, and Hillwood West. Hillwood has offices in Dallas TX, Fort Worth TX, Westlake TX, and Laguna Niguel CA.