Hillwood Investment Properties (HIP) is currently seeking an Development Manager in Memphis, TN to join our growing Industrial Development team. The Development Manager supports Development and Marketing Directors in all respects of the development process from site viability and market analysis through design, entitlement, construction, occupancy, and potentially building disposition. Specific projects such as tenant improvements are managed start to finish by the Development Manager. During all phases of construction of the interior improvements, customers, consultants, contractors, governmental officials and staff view the Development Manager as their primary conduit to Hillwood. Management of tenant improvement projects requires specific skills and experience including:
- Project management and team leadership
- Technical knowledge of architecture and building construction
- Accounting procedures and controls
- Real estate property and contract law
- Prepare / Review Contractor and Consultant Proposals, Agreements and Contracts
- Tenant improvement contracts
- Architect, Engineer and Specialty Consultant contracts
- Land acquisition contracts
- Due diligence contracts
- Building and Land purchase / sale due diligence contracts – coordinate with Property Management
- Create, distribute, and update project schedules in Microsoft Project
- Tenant Improvements
- LL Repairs during acquisitions
- Generate and maintain construction status reports for tenants and internal staff
- Maintain outline (short and long form) specifications – base document and specific proposals
- Utilize and maintain the preliminary pricing checklist for TI projects
- Utilize and maintain Development Checklist
- Maintain the standard specifications for shell and TI
- Punch list procedure:
- Ensure punchlist is 100% complete prior to turn-over to Property Management
- Receive and distribute weekly updates on punch list items
- Building Sale:
- Manage any outstanding work repair items as required per the purchase and sale agreement (through coordination with general contractor and
- Property Management)
- Work with Marketing Director and Brokers as needed to coordinate TI information
- Support Marketing Director in analyzing RFP’s
- Facilitate the development of a conceptual floor / site plan (with architect)
- Document outline specs based on tenant requirements in RFP
- Price conceptual plan and outline specs
- Work with marketing / leasing to determine TI allowances, leasing language, timing for tenant improvement jobs
- Point of contact between tenant, consultants, and contractors, internal staff
- Responsible for the following:
- Project scope and budget, including reconciliation of budget-to-actual utilizing the Total Cost Analysis (TCA) tool
- Project schedule
- Project approval process (plans-costs)
- Project consultants
- Permitting process
- Interpret lease requirements and obligations
- Release architect to develop conceptual plan – get tenant approval
- Get preliminary pricing from one contractor to verify budget
- After conceptual plan is approved, release architect to complete bid package
- Select finishes
- Bid project to 3 contractors
- Review and compare scope and pricing of contractor bids
- Develop total cost analysis and obtain all internal Hillwood approvals
- Present low bidder to tenant for approval
- Award TI contract to selected bidder
- Prepare / obtain contract
- Schedule of values
- Value engineering as required
- Attend weekly TI meetings
- Process pay applications
- Coordinate, analyze, process change orders (with tenant approval, if required)
- Coordinate early move-in with tenant
- Coordinate tenant utilities / account #’s with Property Management
- Ensure completion of TI punchlist
- Pursue Certificate of Occupancy
- Close-out procedures (turn building over to Property Management)
- Process and approve final pay applications / release retainage
Required Skills/ Abilities:
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with executive level internal and external clients.
- Organized and detailed oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage differing needs of the business.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and time management capabilities.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and self-manage deadline expectations across a team of independent project managers.
- Demonstrate high level of professional demeanor, integrity, ethics and leadership.
- Proficiency in MS Office software applications, Adobe or Bluebeam, Salesforce.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; specifically, in Construction Management, Engineering, Real Estate Development or related field.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of project development, management or construction experience.
- Firm knowledge of construction, development, project management and commercial real estate.
Source: Hillwood Career Page
If you like to work with smart, driven individuals in an entrepreneurial, opportunistic and innovative team environment, then Hillwood may be the place for you. As a Perot Company, we offer a Legacy of success in business, Excellence in all that we do, and the Vision to lead the industries we serve. Genuine care for our team, the communities we serve, our country and the well being of those in need are hallmarks of our unique family-oriented culture. So, if you’re looking for a great place to build your career, we look forward to speaking with you.
Hillwood offers competitive pay and benefits with an unsurpassed focus on the health and wellness of our Associates.