- Seek approval for plans and documents with cities and municipalities.
- In charge of processing contractor pay applications.
- Serve as point of contact between tenants, consultants, contractors and internal staff.
- Generate and maintain construction status reports for tenants and Development Directors.
- Maintain the development checklist and distribute project schedules using Microsoft Project.
- Prepare and review contractor and consultant proposals, agreements and contracts.
- Work closely with the marketing/leasing team to determine allowances, lease language and timing for the completion of project.
- Participate in weekly project meetings and maintain the preliminary pricing checklist for any projects.
- Review the pricing of contractor bids, present winning bidder to tenant for approval and assist in awarding the contract to the selected bidder.
- Distribute plans to company, request pricing, obtain tenant approval of drawings, coordinate and document changes to plans.
- Analyze, coordinate and process and assist with change orders and coordinate move-in with tenants.
- Receive and distribute weekly updates on punch list items, and ensure they are 100% complete before turn-over to Property Management.
- Responsible to pursue and obtain the Certificate of Occupancy.
- Prior to a sale of a building, manage any outstanding work repair items as required by the agreement, and work with the general contractor and property management to ensure completion.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preference in real estate, construction management or engineering).
- 5-12 years of experience in commercial real estate development and construction with an emphasis on concrete tilt-up industrial product.
- Experience working with various cities and municipalities to process plans and documents.
- A functional understanding on how to prepare and review contractor and consultant proposals, agreements and contracts.
- Solid grasp of financial analysis techniques as they apply to development projects.
- Effective written and verbal communicator who can operate within a wide spectrum of internal executives, municipal authorities, tenant executives, community groups, industry professionals and brokers.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast moving, demanding and dynamic organization.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of professionals.
- Must have the aptitude to efficiently and effectively act as a liaison between the key team members (Development & Construction).
- Must carry act in a professional manner inside of the work environment as well as outside.
- Medical and Dental insurance.
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Retirement Plan with Company Match.
- Vacation and Holiday Pay.
- Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Health Club Reimbursements.
- Educational Reimbursement Program.
- Mileage Reimbursement, Cell Phone with Data Plan and Laptop (if needed).
Option to office in either Hillwood’s Irvine, CA or Ontario, CA office.
Source: Hillwood Career Page
If you like to work with smart, driven individuals in an entrepreneurial, opportunistic and innovative team environment, then Hillwood may be the place for you. As a Perot Company, we offer a Legacy of success in business, Excellence in all that we do, and the Vision to lead the industries we serve. Genuine care for our team, the communities we serve, our country and the well being of those in need are hallmarks of our unique family-oriented culture. So, if you’re looking for a great place to build your career, we look forward to speaking with you.
Hillwood offers competitive pay and benefits with an unsurpassed focus on the health and wellness of our Associates.