The Director position is based in San Francisco and will be responsible for direct oversight of all aspects of asset management for a broad portfolio of high-quality commercial assets within the Northern California and Pacific Northwest regions. As a member of the commercial asset management team, the Director is tasked with driving out-performance for their assets under management, identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to build value, and developing and sharing best practices. The role is intended to allow for hardworking and motivated individuals to work with limited oversight and ultimately serve as a key resource within the assigned region. The Director will create new and use existing industry relationships and represent INVESCO Real Estate in the market through interaction with both partners and peers.
You will be responsible for:
- Drive investment strategy, value creation and outperformance through direct oversight of property operations, leasing and capital deployment
- Measure and monitor asset performance against a variety of benchmarks including client objectives, pro-forma metrics, budget and market comparables.
- Develop and effectuate annual business plans through actively supervising property management, leasing, accounting, legal, appraisal, tax, research personnel as well as third-party consultants.
- Maintain open and effective lines of communication with Portfolio Management regarding management of their investments including the physical, financial, and leasing performance.
- Work collaboratively with JV partners and service providers while best serving INVESCO’s interests.
- Perform regular market visits and property inspections for assigned assets; travel required.
- Actively engage in the appraisal and internal valuation process to ensure accurate and timely feedback.
- Support the broader INVESCO platform on potential new acquisitions and dispositions; collaboratively work with acquisitions, dispositions, underwriting, engineering and closing groups on investment execution and due diligence.
- Review and approve the various documents pertaining to operating and marketing the assets, including management agreements, leasing agreements, service contracts, etc.
- Build and maintain knowledge regarding capital markets activity in the region. Establish credibility as Invesco’s regional specialist.
- Develop and foster productive working relationships with property management companies, brokers and industry peers.
The experience you bring:
- Minimum of 7 years of hands-on commercial asset management and/or development experience.
- Prior experience, implementing repositioning and redevelopment projects; ability to work collaboratively and optimally with joint venture partners and developers.
- Broad understanding of the operational and investment fundamentals of institutional real estate.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills. Ability to think and act strategically with experience analyzing leasing and investment decisions.
- Strong negotiation, analytical, written and interpersonal skills are essential. A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Effective organizational and time management skills. Consensus builder possessing the ability to work in a team environment managing projects and influence other investment professionals.
- High level of integrity.
- Results oriented
- Natural curiosity
- Creative / innovative
- High proficiency with Excel and Word. Knowledge of Yardi, Argus, Kardin, and VTS is a plus
- Undergraduate degree is required; advanced degree a plus.
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
- Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
- 401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Parental Leave benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
Source: Invesco’s Career Page
About Invesco Real Estate
Invesco Ltd. is a privately-owned investment management company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded over 70 years ago, the company is relied on by institutional investors across the world to manage their various invested assets. The company currently has over $800 billion in assets under management managed by over 6,000 employees in 11 countries.
Invesco Real Estate (IRE) was established in 1983 as the real estate investment division of Invesco Ltd. IRE manages a real estate portfolio of $67.8 billion (as of 12.31.16) with CRE investment teams in 21 locations around the world covering properties in North America, Asia, and Europe.
The Invesco Real Estate Team is made up of 447 employees, managing investments in direct real estate, real estate securities including both equity and debt, infrastructure securities, and master limited partnerships. Employees work out of offices in Atlanta (HQ), Dallas, Newport Beach, New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Munich, Prague, Madrid, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singapore, Seoul, Luxembourg, Beijing, Sydney, Warsaw, Milan, and Hyderabad.