The Director of Franchise Development will lead all aspects of finding new franchise partners and executing agreements to bring them onto our franchise platform. This will entail working with brokers and investment banks to build a clear selection process for partners, which can be franchise operators, real estate developers or financing partners. Upon selection, this role will be responsible for running all financial analyses to determine the financial terms of the deal, which will be dependent on the final structure of the transaction (merger, acquisition, etc).
A successful applicant will have a background in investment banking and the ability to work cross-functionally to ensure all functional requirements are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Source potential franchise partners through existing relationships in market and through 3rd parties such as brokers and investment banks.
- Build and manage data rooms and work with the WeWork finance team to ensure data accuracy and completeness in a timely manner.
- Lead negotiations with franchisees on all deal terms, including development and franchise fees.
- Develop comprehensive project plans with the Director of Integrations to ensure a smooth transition from WeWork owned and operated business to franchised business.
- Lead all communications with potential partners, both in person and virtually.
- Present to WeWork executive team throughout the process for advice and approvals.
- Minimum of 6+ years of investment banking or franchise development experience.
- Experience with running a buy-side process, from RFP through to data room management, negotiation and execution,.
- Strong understanding of financial planning & analysis and accounting
- Ability to succinctly present board presentations and communications to executive stakeholders.
- Experience with discounted cash flow analysis, etc.
- Strong communication, problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated track record of successful cross-functional leadership, collaboration, and relationship building
- Previous experience managing multiple M&A or franchisee development projects preferred
- Previous experience communicating with and collaborating with legal functional teams highly preferred
Source: WeWork Career Page
WeWork builds beautiful, shared office spaces, community, and a place to join as an individual, 'me', but where you become part of a greater 'we'. WeWork redefines success as a measure of personal fulfillment, not just the bottom line.
The WeWork mission doesn’t end with the small businesses and entrepreneurs that call us home. WeWork empowers team members to create their own life's work - to move fast and to challenge one another, as well as look after each other and care about the culture.