The Director, Joint Venture Asset Management manages relationships with our real estate joint venture partners and fosters new relationships to help raise private equity capital for future real estate development and acquisition opportunities.
- Serve as Boston Properties’ primary point of contact with existing joint venture partners.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the financial condition, leasing and capital activity at each joint venture property.
- Review and communicate financial analyses / projections to joint venture partners and Boston Properties’ executive team regarding working capital, escrows for future capital needs, distributions, and required contributions, if any.
- Facilitate communication between joint venture partners and Boston Properties’ leasing, development, construction and property management teams, as directed.
- Facilitate joint venture partner approval of asset level decisions with assistance from internal legal team.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of required financial disclosures and cash distributions in accordance with joint venture agreements, including annual business plans and annual, quarterly and monthly reporting requirements.
- Oversee the completion of annual business plans, including obtaining partner approval.
- Oversee the completion of quarterly or annual appraisals, as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of investment requirements and strategic goals of each joint venture partner to facilitate new business development.
- Ensure a positive and collaborative relationship with joint venture partners to allow for future relationship growth.
- Collaborate with and receive direction from VP Joint Venture Client Relationships and SVP Capital Markets regarding the private equity market, BXP’s acquisition and development pipeline and equity investors for real estate joint ventures.
- Participate in the preparation of brochures and other collateral material required to solicit funds from various sources of capital.
- Assist in the negotiation of joint venture term sheets and other legal documents for specific transactions.
- Assist in the closing of new investments with joint venture partners.
- Develop a working knowledge of the various capital raising options available to Boston Properties.
- Participate in industry organizations and events as a representative of Boston Properties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree required.
- Master’s degree in business administration, accounting, or finance strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years experience required in capital markets activities in the real estate or financial services industry including transaction structuring and relationship management experience.
- Proven knowledge of capital markets, experience in raising money in the public and/or private markets.
- Proven knowledge of commercial real estate asset management and operations.
- Prior experience in a public company desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills coupled with the ability to listen and influence.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, flexible and decisive.
- Sound business judgment and ability to carry out appropriate actions independently.
- Ability to travel, including international travel.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, set priorities and motivate others.
- Ability to work with or supervise people with various levels of education and experience.
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines.
- Excellent multi-task management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications, particularly Excel.
- Proficiency with Argus Enterprise is desirable.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as the operation of a computer.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as the operation of a printer.
- Involves movement between departments to facilitate workflow.
- Occasional travel.
Internal and External Contacts:
- Interacts extensively (verbally and in writing) with employees at Boston Properties and interacts extensively with a variety of external audiences, including but not limited to, outside partners, attorneys, consultants, and the financial and investment community.
- This position is located in our Corporate Office in Boston, MA and reports to the SVP, Capital Markets who provides supervision, guidance and evaluation of work performance on a periodic basis.
Source: Boston Properties’ Career Page
About Boston Properties
Boston Properties, Inc. [NYSE:BXP] is a self-administered, self-managed, and fully integrated REIT that primarily owns, manages, and develops high quality Class A office properties in the core markets of Los Angeles, Washington, DC, New York, San Francisco and Boston. BXP boasts a robust portfolio that includes 48.4 million square feet and 164 office properties, five retail properties, five residential properties and one hotel. BXP has an impeccable track record developing major office buildings in central business districts, office campuses in the suburbs, and build-to-suit projects.