This role serves as Business Project Lead for Real Estate Equity investment processes and systems across portfolios totaling over $25B in assets. This leadership role is responsible for managing large, complex projects across diverse processes and a broad set of business and IT stakeholders. The role is critical to leveraging technology to create efficiencies, increasing associate productivity and expanding the organization’s capabilities.
- Develop roadmap to build out real estate equity business platform/systems
- Facilitate prioritization of real estate equity business projects
- Champion strategic projects from inception to successful implementation
- Lead development and implementation of business solutions in partnership with business teams, IT and third-party vendors
- Drive decision making and lead the business analysis/requirements process with input across business teams.
- Orchestrate projects that streamline business process, enable new capabilities, promote data integrity and facilitate growth of Investment Management business
- Manage project communications, detailed project plans (including test plans) and associated risks.
- Manage third-party vendor relationships
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 10+ years of project management experience with proven ability to successfully manage complex projects
- Knowledge of Real Estate Equity investments business (e.g., asset acquisition, asset management, portfolio management, investment management) or another asset class (e.g., fixed income, equity, derivatives)
- 10+ years of business analysis experience and proven success at leading business system design initiatives
- 10+ years of information technology experience within the financial services sector
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of Real Estate Equity systems including Argus, Yardi and MRI
- Knowledge of Real Estate Equity investments business (e.g., asset acquisition, asset management, portfolio management, investment management) and Finance business knowledge
- Master’s degree in Information Management, Business Administration or Finance
Source: MetLife Real Estate Career Page
About MetLife Real Estate Investments
Metlife has been investing in real estate since 1878. As a mortgage lender, real estate developer, and owner, MetLife's real estate division manages over $70 billion (as of 12.31.16) of real estate debt and equity investments. These include MetLife general account assets as well as assets managed by MetLife on behalf of third-party investor clients. The breakdown of debt investments to equity investments is $51.8 billion in commercial mortgage loans and $18.6 billion in real estate equity investments.
MetLife's Real Estate Group is headquartered in Whippany, NY with regional offices across the world. The group has 150 real estate professionals strategically placed in U.S. offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Morristown NJ, San Francisco, and Washington DC. as well as in international offices located in London England, Mexico City Mexico, Santiago Chile, and Tokyo Japan. The MetLife senior leadership averages 25 years of real estate experience, 23 years of which with MetLife.