As part of LaSalle’s Acquisition Due Diligence Group, assist in managing physical and environmental due diligence for LaSalle’s North American direct private equity real estate transactions (office, retail, multi-family, hotel, and industrial), including LaSalle’s North American Joint Venture development work. Reporting to the Director of Due Diligence, work on a daily basis with third-party architectural, engineering, and environmental engineering consultants, as well as with outside brokers and sellers related to transactional activity. Work internally with various specialties within the firm, including LaSalle Acquisitions, Portfolio Management, and Research, as well as JLL Leasing and Management, Engineering Services, Risk Management, Legal and Tax. On an as-needed basis work with other areas within JLL including Tenant Representation, Capital Markets, Global Client Services, and Project Development Services.
The career growth path of this position, over time, would be from team analyst to project manager-in-training.
Physical/Environmental Due Diligence
- Assist with management of third party physical and environmental consultants
- Assist with confirming project scope of third-party consultants per client and LaSalle requirements
- Review and abstract technical reports. Direct consultants’ revisions for final reports
- Assist with producing capital budgets for US, Canadian, and Mexican acquisitions
- Assist in the review of lease language to determine which costs are recoverable
- Coordinate findings of internal JLL teams, DD Economic Team and outside consultants
- Assist in resolution of critical physical/environmental underwriting issues
- Provide daily assistance to Acquisition Due Diligence Team
- Participate in project conference calls
- Assist with various post-closing issues (physical and environmental) as needed
Economic Due Diligence
- Assist in confirming the Economic Assumptions Checklist is accurate and complete
- Assist in the collection of all DD Economic findings, including interview forms, executed work scope, and final economic due diligence report
- Review Acquisitions pro form assumptions to ensure economic due diligence covers all potential issues
Development Pipeline & Dispositions
- Provide assistance in the underwriting and oversight of LaSalle’s North American development work with 3rd party joint venture development partners
- Provide physical/environmental due diligence services to LaSalle Asset Managers for LaSalle portfolio asset dispositions as needed
- Assist Portfolio Management in due diligence-related negotiations with buyers as needed
Project Communication & Administration
- Report to DD Director and Project Managers on due diligence findings
- Assist DD Team Project Managers in summarizing material findings for Final Investment Committee Memos
- Assist DD Team Project Managers in finalizing 3rd Party Consultant reports
- Assist LaSalle Portfolio Management with management of capital projects on an as-needed basis
- Assist other groups within the firm with technical questions, replacement cost analysis, etc.
- Perform cursory reviews of owned assets regarding physical/environmental issues, as requested.
- Assist LaSalle Acquisitions with pre-bid Capital Projections
- Assist with review of Seller physical and environmental reports in advance of bidding
- Assist with tracking/updating of all project-related Open Items
- Assist the DD team with Administrative Tasks, as needed, including production of consultant RFPs, review of consultant proposals, dissemination of DD Material to key team members, production of contact lists for new transactions
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: BS or Master’s Degree in Environmental Engineering, Architecture, or Civil Engineering
Experience: Prior experience in engineering/architecture preferred (2-5 years of work experience)
- Technical competence
- Strong Client-Service Ethic
- Excellent Multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Strong Team Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work well across diverse teams
- Ability to work efficiently within deadline parameters
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong writing/verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and team player
- Desire to build a long-term career with a world class real estate investment management firm
About LaSalle Investment Management
LaSalle Investment Management is one of the leading real estate investment managers in the world. Over 700 employers across 24 worldwide offices manage $60+ billion of real estate assets on behalf of 400+ institutional and high net worth investors.
LaSalle Investment Management offers exceptional career and advancement opportunities as well as a chance to work with some of the finest people and best real estate in the world. LaSalle Investment Management is an independent subsidiary of Fortune 500 company, Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL).