Blackstone’s Private Equity group is looking for an Analyst for its PV&A team. The core focus of the group is to prepare, evaluate, analyze, and summarize portfolio investment’s performance, critical to supporting Private Equity’s strategic initiatives. The team is called upon to handle a variety of ad hoc and recurring analyses related to portfolio performance and monitoring.
- Develop and enhance templates to collect data and analyze asset-level metrics, ensuring metrics are consistent across the portfolio
- Track, monitor, and analyze performance data at the asset, fund, and portfolio level
- Update monthly KPI dashboards to reflect actual performance. Complete variance analyses and assess value creation drivers over the holding period of each investment
- Assist in enhancing the portfolio monitoring reporting processes and analytics
- Participate in discussions with and provide deliverables to various constituents, including Deal Team, Portfolio Operations, Asset Managers, and Senior Management
- Support the portfolio review process and participate in various ad hoc initiatives and projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Computer Science or another quantitative discipline (preferred), 2 to 3 years of experience in a financials or valuations focused role, and a strong GPA
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment that requires execution of recurring deliverables as well as projects and initiatives in support of a rapidly growing business
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to handle interactions confidently and competently with deal professionals and asset managers
- Ability to work well within a team-oriented environment or individually
- Ability to display confidence when discussing deliverables
- Keen attention to details
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Experience with iLevel and Tableau a plus
- Experience with Python, R and other data science tools a plus
Source: Blackstone Career Page
Blackstone is a multinational private equity, alternative asset management, and financial services firm based in New York City, NY. Blackstone's Real Estate Group is one of the most well-known and well-respected real estate firms in the world and is known for its proven strategy: "Buy it, Fix it, Sell it."
Blackstone manages and deploys real estate allocated capital for large institutional investors and high net worth individuals. With $102 billion of assets under management and nearly $200 billion in gross asset value, Blackstone is the largest real estate private equity firm in the world.
The real estate group operates across Europe, Asia, North America, and Latin America. Its real estate investment strategy covers the risk spectrum, from opportunistic to core, and seeks to generate outsized risk-adjusted returns for its investors. The company has 420 real estate professionals in 12 offices worldwide.