CBRE’s New York Tri State Region Investment Properties – Institutional Group is seeking highly qualified and exceptionally motivated candidates for a Financial Analyst role. Working under the direction of senior executives and leaders in their field, this position offers the opportunity to be part of a team that regularly handles high profile sales transactions for some of suburban New York’s most prestigious properties across office, multi-family and retail assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role encompasses a range of responsibilities and skills that are focused on the due diligence and financial analysis of real estate strategies for commercial office, multi-family, and retail investors. The candidate must be proactive, ambitious, highly organized, and perform at a high-level in a client-focused, time-sensitive, and collegial atmosphere. A strong quantitative mindset and grasp of real estate and financial principles as well as modeling concepts are crucial to the success of this role. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handle all aspects of the due diligence process which includes maintaining an inventory of documents received and requested, outstanding buyer due diligence items, correspondence with both buyers and sellers.
- Develop and prepare sophisticated and tailored client presentations and deliverables, including pitches and offering memorandums.
- Evaluate and analyze a variety of financial results and indicators such as capital expenditures, financing scenarios, investment opportunities, rate of return, operating records, financial statements, etc.
- Review, analyze, abstract and interpret various real estate documentation, including leases, operating statements, business plans, PCA/Phase I Reports, zoning studies, etc.
- Build, update, audit and manage ARGUS AE and complex Excel models using detailed diligence information to create accurate financial projections.
- Supports the Local Market Area (LMA) and Line of Business Leadership with ad-hoc special projects that support managed brokerage functions and overall LMA strategic priorities. Such projects include, market share analysis, business activity stats, research on potential acquisition targets, research on recruiting, competition analysis, client touch program, relationship database and client care & development program.
The right candidate will have opportunity for advancement within the group and the start of a career in an exciting and fast-paced business working on some of suburban New York’s top commercial real estate sales transactions.
To be considered for this role, please submit your online application along with a cover letter and PDF of your resume.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to co-workers. May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a rigorous academic program. Prior work/internship experience in real estate or finance with financial modeling a plus.
CERTIFICATES AND/OR LICENSES
A real estate salesperson license will need to be obtained within three months of hire. ARGUS AE and Excel training certification preferred but not required.
Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and thoughtful work-product in a customer-centric manner. Ability to effectively analyze, synthesize, and present information to clients, colleagues, and management.
Requires intermediate (college education level) knowledge of financial terms, concepts, and accounting principles, as well as a basic understanding of real estate. Coursework or practical application of finance, accounting, statistics, and other general business concepts. Financial modeling experience helpful.
Requires ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret financial information, as well as the ability to accurately explain/report data in both verbal and written communications. Strong analytical skills are critical.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) required. Experience with ARGUS AE and Excel modeling is highly recommended. Exceptionally strong work ethic, team player, and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Source: CBRE Career Page
CBRE Group Inc. (NYSE: CBG) is the world's leading real estate services and investment firm. Serving real estate investors and tenants around the globe in more than 100 countries, the company offers services such as: Occupier Outsourcing, Property Management, Development Services, Investment Management, Appraisal and Valuation, Property Sales, and Mortgages Services.
The company boasts 75,000+ employees and generated $13.1 billion in revenue in 2016. It is a Fortune 500 company (#259 in 2016) and was named America's 15th Best Employer by Forbes in 2016. Career opportunites at CBRE are extensive, working in groups such as the Asset Services, Advsisory and Transaction Services , Capital Markets, Valuation and Advisory Services, and CBRE Global Investors. CBRE also offers development services through its subsidiary, Trammell Crow Company.