The Financial Analyst will become an expert on market elements that impact Multifamily Commercial Real Estate and perform in-depth financial analysis to evaluate Multifamily Commercial Real Estate assets. This person will assist an Investments Sales team with financial analysis and preparing market data to be utilized in various client-facing documents and presentations. This position is best suited for candidates with long-term aspirations to grow with the Company and are results-driven, passionate about perfection, and excited about getting involved in a rapidly growing company at the ground floor. The role will have a strong focus on quantitative analysis and financial modeling matched with practical business application.
- Develop and maintain sophisticated financial underwriting models for commercial real estate development, acquisition and disposition
- Breakdown and analyze P&L statements and rent rolls;
- Utilize and maintain databases that track investment sales activity, construction pipeline, and other relevant real estate metrics;
- May occasionally present and support analyses to clients;
- Review industry surveys and benchmarks, economic and demographic trends;
- Actively assist in the research, writing, and proofing of market intelligence for marketing materials;
- Assist with preparing and presenting the results of the analysis, including graphics and charts, in a clear and concise manner;
- Establish strong working relationships with the team to understand and identify their needs for market intelligence.
Skills and Compliance
Adhere to Berkadia’s policies and exhibit proficiency and understanding of Berkadia’s Values and position-specific skills.
- Exceptionally strong Excel modeling skills, with experience with VBA and complex formulas
- Experience with data analytics such as demographics, competitors, industry and real estate trends, etc.
- Organized and highly detail-oriented; accustomed to allocating sufficient time to double-check work
- Ability to think commercially about the needs and requirements of different client groups, including investment management firms, brokers, and lenders
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and deliver results with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and as part of a team are a must
- Ability to simplify and effectively communicate complex ideas in writing and through data visualization techniques to diverse audiences.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) a plus.
- Willingness to travel as required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Business-related, Real Estate or Finance field of study highly preferred
- At least 2 years of professional experience. Specific experience as an analyst, researching market trends and local industries in the Multifamily Real Estate industry, preferred.
- 18 PTO days + 2 floating holidays & 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous tuition reimbursement towards a Masters or Bachelors degree
- 401K match up to 6%
- 12 weeks of 100% paid paternity/maternity leave
- Mentorship with industry professionals
Source: Berkadia Career Page
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Leucadia National Corporation, offers mortgage banking, investment sales and loan servicing offerings to multifamily and commercial property owners in the United States. With over 1,300 experienced industry professionals operating out of 75 offices in primary and secondary market across the United States, Berkadia is one of the largest multifamily services firms in the country.
The company's 100% focus on the real estate multifamily sector differentiates it from its peers and has allowed it to excel at its core competency, namely providing industry-best investment sales advisory, debt placement, structured finance, private equity, and apartment advisory services.