The fund management team is responsible for acting as a liaison for all other departments of the business with regard to the Fund. As such the role is both internal and external facing. It involves close teamwork with the Asset Management, Acquisition, Finance, and Financing teams, as well as liaising with external service providers and the client.
Role and Accountabilities:
The successful candidate will support in the day-to-day administration and management. The role is focused on the reporting & return analysis, i.e. modelling fund returns and running scenarios analysis in order to support internal and external clients. The candidate must have a profound understanding of financial modelling based on Excel & Argus and must have university degree. This role will also involve significant interaction with Asset Management and Acquisitions, but also with CCG as well as external clients/advisors and valuers. Besides very good financial modelling skills, soft skills such as communication and team-fit are important.
Investment Strategy and Performance
- Support to implement investment strategy for the portfolio consistent with portfolio objectives related to matters like property types, geography, use of debt, etc.
- Preparing portfolio strategy reports together with Research department
- Performing portfolio analysis on an ongoing basis
- Implementing and improving excel based IT tool for portfolio analysis ( Falcon fund models)
Portfolio Strategic/Financial Plan
- Consolidating budgets/ cash-flows on a portfolio level incl. variance analysis Evaluate all assets proposed for sale within the context of defined hold/sell strategies
- Controlling liquidity status of the funds incl. liquidity projections
- Preparing board decision materials
- Reviewing of appraisals
- Coordinating with LaSalle financing and fund operations team
- Review all proposed acquisitions cash flows to make sure they meet the defined criteria for new investments
- Preparing investment committee decision materials
- Manage appraisal process
Oversight of Asset Management Activities (support of Fund Manager)
- Assist in supervising support of Asset Managers and Property Managers
- Assist in supervising all major projects of refurbishment, re-letting etc.
- Review and update all asset level strategic plans on an annual basis.
- Supporting the budget process
- Coordinating with Asset Managers and Property Managers
- Validating budgets
- Constant improvement of format and calculation methods in line with market changes.
Ensure regular investor reporting
- Liaise with finance team/external accountants and ensure monthly/quarterly investor reporting
- Support of annual investor reporting
- Prepare bi-annual investor meeting materials
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- University degree in business, economics or similar.
- Excellent Excel/Argus skills, good command of MS Office and ideally knowledge of SAP
- Real estate experience in the relevant European markets, preferably in acquisition or fund management
- Fluent in German and English. Additional European languages would be an advantage
- Knowledge of relevant European property market and capital market practices
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills in both German and English
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a European team
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously
- Valuation expertise
About LaSalle Investment Management
LaSalle Investment Management is one of the leading real estate investment managers in the world. Over 700 employers across 24 worldwide offices manage $60+ billion of real estate assets on behalf of 400+ institutional and high net worth investors.
LaSalle Investment Management offers exceptional career and advancement opportunities as well as a chance to work with some of the finest people and best real estate in the world. LaSalle Investment Management is an independent subsidiary of Fortune 500 company, Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL).