Are you passionate about research and generating investment ideas? We’re looking for a professional to join our Financials/ Bank sector team in Australia to develop valuable insights and investment ideas for our clients.
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You’ll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Building strong industry knowledge of the Financials/ Bank sector
- Building, maintaining and updating company and industry models
- Performing financial analysis of companies under coverage
- Interpreting data/news and perform analysis on industry, market, and cross-country trends
- Responding to ad hoc requests from clients, sales and traders
- Providing support to reports/notes publication on companies under coverage
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 1-2 years relevant experience
- Good knowledge of accounting, finance, and valuation; a degree in finance or accounting, or CFA is preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Comfortable taking initiative and being resourceful/entrepreneurial
- Strong drives to achieve excellence and demonstrate perseverance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Relevant work experience in investment research or comparable business/financial/consulting experience is a plus
Source: Goldman Sachs Career Page
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE: GS) is a U.S. financial services firm founded in 1869 by Marcus Goldman and Samuel Sachs. It is headquartered at 200 West Street in Lower Manhattan, New York City, NY. The company employs 34,000 employs across the world. Its main business lines include asset management, commercial banking, investment banking, investment management, and prime brokerage.
Goldman Sachs Realty Management Division (RMD) provides real estate investment services and asset management to investments where Goldman Sachs has an interest. The Realty Management Division has offices in the Americas as well as in Europe, Asia, and Australia and is organized into six business units including Hospitality, Loan Asset Management, Real Estate Credit Investing, Portfolio Management, Real Estate Asset Management, and Residential Mortgage Asset Management.