This position will assist in the GSO Valuation process for the GSO managed funds.
- Building and maintaining valuation models to support the quarterly valuation process
- Supporting the GSO monthly and quarterly valuation process, working with the investment teams and finance teams and coordinating with the 3rd party independent valuation specialist
- Adhering to best practices in development of valuation methodologies, including compliance with ASC 820 Fair Value guidance[
- Performing analysis to incorporate all relevant information to the valuation process including analysis of the transaction structure, the modeling and methodology adopted, available market data and/or any proxies considered appropriate, applicable reserves/valuation adjustments and any relevant regulatory, risk or accounting considerations
- Analysis and formal communication of key valuation results, issues and risks to the Valuation Committee on a monthly basis
- Assisting with the implementation and ongoing operations of the portfolio company and investment database (iLevel) to support LP reporting
- Supporting the year-end audit valuation testing by responding to audit inquiries relating to valuation models and related documentation
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The successful candidate must have:
- Undergraduate degree 1-3 years’ valuation experience at a top tier public accounting firm, third party valuation provider, or investment bank/asset manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Progress towards a finance-related professional qualification (i.e. CFA, CPA) preferred
- Knowledge of private investment valuation
- Knowledge of financial instrument valuation and risks measurement in a complex product area
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- A strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and meet demanding deadlines
Source: Blackstone Career Page
Blackstone is a multinational private equity, alternative asset management, and financial services firm based in New York City, NY. Blackstone's Real Estate Group is one of the most well-known and well-respected real estate firms in the world and is known for its proven strategy: "Buy it, Fix it, Sell it."
Blackstone manages and deploys real estate allocated capital for large institutional investors and high net worth individuals. With $102 billion of assets under management and nearly $200 billion in gross asset value, Blackstone is the largest real estate private equity firm in the world.
The real estate group operates across Europe, Asia, North America, and Latin America. Its real estate investment strategy covers the risk spectrum, from opportunistic to core, and seeks to generate outsized risk-adjusted returns for its investors. The company has 420 real estate professionals in 12 offices worldwide.