Our Associates play an important role in developing and strengthening our client relationships, participating on our advisory teams and in structuring and executing a full range of financial transactions. They will gain exposure to the firm’s businesses and expand their knowledge of the investment banking industry, as they develop key analytical, communications and marketing skills. From maintaining client communication to helping Goldman Sachs structure client transactions, our Associates are a vital part of Goldman Sachs’ banking team’s investments. Goldman Sachs seeks highly motivated, successful candidates for the associate role in London.
- Creating and analysing financial models, helping manage transaction processes and assisting in structuring transactions.
- Developing financial models, performing customised company valuation analysis and actively being involved in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions and fixed income and equity issuances.
- Organising and preparing presentations, which explain industry trends, assessing clients’ situations to provide the necessary financial advice and recommending strategies to meet client goals.
- Coordinating teams of tax advisors, auditors, attorneys, real estate valuers, and bankers for various transactions; leading due diligence processes and actively participating in the negotiations of legal documentation, preparations of internal committee presentations and fundings.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s degree, equivalent or above required
- Significant investment banking or equivalent experience (experience in the real estate sector preferred)
- Experience with buy-side and sell-side M&A, equity and debt financing transactions required
- Experience with due-diligence and transaction execution processes required
- Strong financial modelling skills (including stress testing) and experience of building/maintaining operating models required
- Experience of preparing and maintaining industry/company presentations and benchmarking materials and other process documents required
- Exposure to financing capacity valuations, impact analyses, bid analyses and collateral data analyses required
- Experience of financial valuations with knowledge of DCF, LBO, merger modeling, comparable companies, precedent transactions etc. required
- Strong team orientation and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with team members in multiple groups and regions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Solid work ethic, motivation level, and strong attention to detail
- Personal integrity, initiative and leadership qualities
- Capacity to interact and build relationships with a wide range of people and also being as a point of contact
- Proactive with an ability to develop into a senior real estate investment banking professional
Source: Goldman Sachs Career Page
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE: GS) is a U.S. financial services firm founded in 1869 by Marcus Goldman and Samuel Sachs. It is headquartered at 200 West Street in Lower Manhattan, New York City, NY. The company employs 34,000 employs across the world. Its main business lines include asset management, commercial banking, investment banking, investment management, and prime brokerage.
Goldman Sachs Realty Management Division (RMD) provides real estate investment services and asset management to investments where Goldman Sachs has an interest. The Realty Management Division has offices in the Americas as well as in Europe, Asia, and Australia and is organized into six business units including Hospitality, Loan Asset Management, Real Estate Credit Investing, Portfolio Management, Real Estate Asset Management, and Residential Mortgage Asset Management.