Are you a current senior? Are you highly motivated, intellectually curious and willing to jump in to make impactful contributions? Are you ready to be a key contributor to a team and help get the job done? If so, then becoming a Real Estate & Real Estate Finance Investment Analyst within a culture that treats our talent like an investment might be the right job for you!
As an Investment Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a Real Estate Investment team in either our Real Estate (Equity side) or Real Estate Finance (Debt side) businesses to provide in-depth analysis of potential real estate transactions across a variety of capital sources. You will perform financial modeling and analysis of potential real estate transactions.
In this role you will interact professionally with senior management, originators, borrowers, joint venture partners, brokers and investors. You will provide analytical support to senior members of the team on a wide variety of assignments.
Opportunities will vary and may include the following:
PGIM Real Estate (Equity side):
- Acquisitions – Acquisitions analysts will be a part of a small team responsible for the sourcing, underwriting, financial modeling, and due diligence for new acquisitions on behalf of all of PGIM Real Estate’s portfolios.
- Asset Management – Drive the performance and executing the business plans for a portfolio of assets across the risk spectrum.
- Research – Provide economic and real estate market analysis in support of investment decisions and strategy development.
PGIM Real Estate Finance (Debt side):
- Originations – Assist investment professionals in analyzing and securing loans.
- Underwriting – Analyze potential loans to ensure they meet appropriate standards.
- Portfolio or Deal Management – Assist in the overall analysis and life cycle of a deal.
Job responsibilities may include the following:
- Conducting financial modeling to evaluate potential new investment opportunities.
- Underwriting and analysis to support asset management decisions (e.g. leasing, financing, buy/sell scenarios, property valuations, and joint venture structuring).
- Creating and executing strategies for developments, renovations/repositionings, and capital projects.
- Interfacing with external parties including leasing/sales brokers, property managers, and joint venture partners.
- Providing analytical support on a wide variety of assignments including market research, review of property operating statements, cash flow modeling, property valuation, borrower credit review, and preparation of loan briefs for investment committee approval.
- Candidates must be graduating between December 2019 and June 2020
- Candidate pursuing BA/BS degree. Finance, Economics, or Real Estate majors preferred but not required with a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability
- Understanding of real estate and finance terms and concepts preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
About PGIM Real Estate
PGIM Real Estate is the real estate investment business of PGIM, Inc., the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). Redefining the real estate investing landscape since 1970, PGIM Real Estate has professionals in 18 cities in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific with deep local knowledge and expertise, and gross assets under management of $66 billion ($47.6 billion net) as of December 31, 2016. PGIM Real Estate’s tenured team offers to its global client base a broad range of real estate investment vehicles that span the risk-return spectrum across core, core plus, value-add, debt, securities, and specialized investment strategies.