Hillwood Investment Properties (HIP) is currently seeking to hire a Leasing & Development Associate in Allentown, PA or Philadelphia, PA to join the Northeast team. The Associate will directly support the SVP with all new business pursuits for industrial development transactions which includes marketing, leasing, site acquisition, financing and dispositions. This Associate will work closely with the regional team as well as with the national analyst and marketing team in all aspects of the industrial development and acquisition process. The team’s market area ranges from Richmond, VA to Boston, MA.
Primary Job Functions
- Assist in all leasing and land acquisition including offers to purchase, marketing proposals and negotiation of leases and contracts.
- Coordinate and implement the marketing strategy for existing and upcoming vacant spaces and development pipeline.
- Research and identify potential land acquisition sites.
- Assist the SVP with coordination between Development Directors on due diligence, site planning and pre-construction activities.
- Support with business development throughout the NE Region, VA up to New England and other markets as necessary.
Primary Job Duties
- Coordinate proposals for industrial land acquisitions, leases and build-to-suit projects with listing brokers.
- Monitor the competing developments and future construction pipeline in the market with assistance of our listing brokers.
- Maintain Salesforce database.
- Search for additional land sites directly and through local brokers.
- Manage all broker commission agreements and calculations.
- Assist with negotiating leases and purchase and sale agreements.
- Respond to tenant’s RFP’s.
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing team to develop building and monument signage, marketing materials and make ready build out.
- Attend and assist in preparation for prospective tenant tours.
- Perform preliminary analysis of potential transactions.
- Coordinate preparation of marketing materials and presentations.
- Assist the development team and architect in the site planning of new land acquisitions.
- Establish and maintain a database of land comps, lease comps, and sales comps.
- Work with the Development Director to price potential tenant improvements.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to assist in the strategy, planning and execution of marketing events.
- Work with the entire NE Team in the planning, design, underwriting, investment committee approvals, and coordination with acquisition, finance, debt, disposition, property management and constructions teams for all projects.
Financial/ Budgetary Responsibilities
- Work closely with SVP and analyst to forecast the financial returns for each transaction.
- Prepare proposals within acceptable economic parameters.
- Work closely with analyst to understand the financial strength and type of business of our prospective customers.
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong foundation in underwriting and acquisitions
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and self-manage deadlines.
- Demonstrate high level of professional demeanor, integrity, ethics and leadership.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with executive level internal and external clients.
- Proficiency in MS Office software applications.
- Ability to travel.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Advanced Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in commercial real estate required.
- Experience with industrial land purchasing, leasing and sales experience.
Source: Hillwood Career Page
If you like to work with smart, driven individuals in an entrepreneurial, opportunistic and innovative team environment, then Hillwood may be the place for you. As a Perot Company, we offer a Legacy of success in business, Excellence in all that we do, and the Vision to lead the industries we serve. Genuine care for our team, the communities we serve, our country and the well being of those in need are hallmarks of our unique family-oriented culture. So, if you’re looking for a great place to build your career, we look forward to speaking with you.
Hillwood offers competitive pay and benefits with an unsurpassed focus on the health and wellness of our Associates.