The Strategic Investments team has been organized into functional expertise groups that lead and support the activities necessary to design, raise, deploy, and manage Impact Funds. Those functional groups are listed below:
- Fund Design & Modeling – initial fund concept design and modeling, market testing
- Fund Development – raising money from investors for the fund
- Fund Deployment – creating the investment origination strategy and managing the underwriting and investment process
- Fund Performance & Measurement – managing the performance of existing investments and conduit funds, oversight of financial statements & impact reporting
This role will support the Fund Performance function, and will report to the Senior Director of Fund Performance and Management, Strategic Investments. More specifically, the Asset Manager position will focus on managing the performance of fund investments (projects & borrowers) through the timely collection of financial and impact data and proactive engagement of potential issues preferably well before those issues effect the performance of the fund. The funds invest in business and real estate assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are an indication of the position’s core responsibilities; these are intended to illustrate the scope of responsibilities and are not exclusive of other duties that may be required.
- Collect monthly, quarterly, and annual reports from borrower and projects.
- Analyze financial statements and overall loan performance against underwriting projects, and identify potential project performance and payment issues
- Write annual performance reports, including risk analysis, and present to committee
- Identify, prioritize and engage in problem solving with borrowers, internal teams, and offer recommendations when issues arise
- Prepare amendments and waivers as necessary
- Create and/or update policies & procedures related to asset management
- Collect and analyze impact data to determine the positive impact of projects
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum three (3) years of non-consumer lending experience, preferably in banking/finance or community development
- Working knowledge of real estate and/or business lending preferred
- Extremely detailed oriented and able to self-manage daily activities and deadlines
- Financial analysis skills for income statements and balance sheets
- Ability to interpret loan documentation related to reporting requirements and default process
- Strong relationship skills
- Experience with defaults and work-outs a plus
- Construction lending or oversight a plus
- Experience with tax credit incentive programs such as HTC, LIHTC, or NMTC a plus
LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America creating great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families. Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 36 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco.
Our 36 Local Offices provide us with a local context lens that is critical to ability to strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places. We also work to equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities, while driving local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Visit us at www.lisc.org.
About Strategic Investments
The LISC Strategic Investments team leads the design, development, and deployment of impact investment funds in LISC’s local markets nationwide. Strategic Investments employs an “impact first” investment methodology that optimizes the impact on the communities we care about while achieving sustainable risk-adjusted returns for investors.
The unique power of LISCs local office presence combined with the strength of our national investment expertise is a powerful combination for creating real impact in the communities we serve. This network requires careful coordination between Strategic Investments, the LISC Local Offices, and other stakeholders within LISC. While many groups within the LISC organization support fund management activities, the Strategic Investments team is ultimately responsible for ensuring a successful track record for LISC’s off balance sheet fund investments.
Visit us at www.liscstrategicinvestments.org.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION & TRAVEL
This position will be located in Washington, DC, but may be open to a remote candidate. LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits. This position is expected to travel infrequently.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via email to: [email protected] Please be certain to include the title of the position for which you are applying and your name in both the subject of your email and the file name of any files you send.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION