The Strategic Investments team has been organized into functional expertise groups that lead and support the activities necessary to design, raise, deploy, and manage Impact Funds. Those functional groups are listed below:
- Fund Design & Modeling – initial fund concept design and modeling, market testing
- Fund Development – raising money from investors for the fund
- Fund Deployment – creating the investment origination strategy and managing the underwriting and investment process
- Fund Performance & Measurement – managing the performance of existing investments and conduit funds, oversight of financial statements & impact reporting
This role will support the Fund Performance function and reports to the Senior Director of Fund Performance & Management, Strategic Investments. More specifically, this position will focus on loan servicing for multiple funds and asset types. Duties will include managing payments and reconciliation, customer interactions and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are an indication of the position’s core responsibilities; these are intended to illustrate the scope of responsibilities and are not exclusive of other duties that may be required.
- Accurately enter all loan data into loan in loan servicing software
- Track and collect payments
- Prepare monthly billing and ACH reports
- Review loan documents prior to closing for consistency in payment and reporting
- Reconcile payments monthly with accounting system
- Track and collect reporting items due monthly, quarterly and annual from borrowers
- Manage past due payments by contacting borrowers
- Familiarity with lines of credit and non-standard repayment structures a plus
- Monitor maturities
- Manage software system used for loan servicing and manage vendor and partner relationships
- Process periodic draw requests for lines of credit
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum three (3) years of loan servicing/administration, in banking/finance or community development; accounting background a plus
- Demonstrated experience with loan servicing software systems
- Working knowledge of business and real estate lending preferred
- Strong communication, analytical, decision-making, time management, organizational, follow-up and relationship management skills
- Self-starter, ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in Salesforce preferred
LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America creating great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families. Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 36 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco.
Our 36 Local Offices provide us with a local context lens that is critical to ability to strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places. We also work to equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities, while driving local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Visit us at www.lisc.org.
About Strategic Investments
The LISC Strategic Investments team leads the design, development, and deployment of impact investment funds in LISC’s local markets nationwide. Strategic Investments employs an “impact first” investment methodology that optimizes the impact on the communities we care about while achieving sustainable risk-adjusted returns for investors.
The unique power of LISCs local office presence combined with the strength of our national investment expertise is a powerful combination for creating real impact in the communities we serve. This network requires careful coordination between Strategic Investments, the LISC Local Offices, and other stakeholders within LISC. While many groups within the LISC organization support fund management activities, the Strategic Investments team is ultimately responsible for ensuring a successful track record for LISC’s off balance sheet fund investments.
Visit us at www.liscstrategicinvestments.org.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION & TRAVEL
This position will be located in Washington, DC, but may be open to a remote candidate. LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits. This position is expected to travel infrequently.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via email to: [email protected] Please be certain to include the title of the position for which you are applying and your name in both the subject of your email and the file name of any files you send.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION