The Investor Relations & Corporate Development team works directly with the CEO and has a dual mandate to (1) develop and maintain relationships with existing and prospective investors and (2) lead strategic transactions, including capital raises and M&A. The Manager will play a critical role on a lean team reporting to the VP of Investor Relations & Corporate Development and will have frequent interaction with large institutional investors as well as our senior leadership team. The right candidate will have a strong sense of ownership and have excellent problem solving, analytical, and communication skills.
- Communicate with current and prospective investors, lenders, landlords, and other external stakeholders
- Prepare leadership team for quarterly earnings conference calls by creating investor presentations, analytics, and scripts/talking points/Q&A
- Assess unique transactions, from both a strategic and value-creation potential perspective
- Create compelling presentations for review with our executive team and senior management
- Analyze potential transactions and strategic initiatives to support senior leadership and owners in making key decisions
- Construct detailed financial models and valuation analysis
- Assist with all aspects of due diligence, including identifying and quantifying sources of synergies and risk, and summarizing findings for the senior executive team
- Assist with the development of board and leadership materials outlining broader strategic goals and specific strategic initiatives
- Inform investment decisions by analyzing financial information to forecast business, industry, or economic conditions.
- Build relationships with internal functional groups including development, legal, accounting, treasury and corporate communications
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4-6 years of relevant experience at a top investment bank, hedge fund, equity research, private equity, financial strategy consulting or similar environment
- Experience in technology and/or real estate preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated experience in financial modeling and analysis, as well as transaction execution
- Experience with performing comprehensive analysis on a variety of problems or transaction structures
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter capable of working independently and collaboratively across functional teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with quick deadlines
- Ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and driven by a new challenge
Source: WeWork Career Page
WeWork builds beautiful, shared office spaces, community, and a place to join as an individual, 'me', but where you become part of a greater 'we'. WeWork redefines success as a measure of personal fulfillment, not just the bottom line.
The WeWork mission doesn’t end with the small businesses and entrepreneurs that call us home. WeWork empowers team members to create their own life's work - to move fast and to challenge one another, as well as look after each other and care about the culture.