Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,100 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
The firm is seeking a Financial Analyst based in New York, NY, to join its national platform for institutional retail, supporting representative clients such as Blackstone, CIM Group, EDENS, DRA Advisors, Brixmor Property Group, Clarion Partners, Phillips Edison, and Barings.
This corporate-level role will work with a Senior Financial Analyst and team of analysts to provide complex underwriting and analysis.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Build, edit, and manipulate complex financial cash flow models using Argus Enterprise
- Analyze, review, and interpret real estate source documents, including operating statements, rent rolls, budgets, loan documents, operating statements, leases, and other due diligence material
- Research market conditions in support of financial underwriting assumptions
- Compile and present the results of analyses and effectively address questions
- Identify critical property level financial issues and make recommendations
- Develop disposition strategies in conjunction with team members and clients
- Assist in the production of property offering memorandums which will be used to actively market retail assets to the marketplace
- Perform location, market, property, retail tenant and economic research to be used in property marketing materials
- Research and comprehend rent and sales comparables using CoStar and RCA as part of the valuation process with an ability to make cold calls to gather necessary information
- Coordinate collection of due diligence material
- Work successfully within a high-volume environment supporting agents in all four time zones.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree with high academic achievement in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or Economics preferred but not required
- Must have routine working knowledge using Argus Enterprise to underwrite shopping centers or office buildings
- 1+ years’ experience in a commercial real estate position with intensive Argus Enterprise use, whether in brokerage, appraisal, or for an ownership group, preferably focused on retail shopping centers, or institutional office assets
- Proven experience in abstracting lease agreements
- Proven experience and proficiency in building complex retail cash flow models
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Intellectual curiosity with a demonstrated enthusiasm for the commercial real estate industry
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills in combination with outstanding communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work successfully with “Type A” personalities and effectively within a team and with all levels of personnel
About Marcus & Millichap
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,100 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2020, the firm closed 8,954 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $43.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.