The team is seeking an intern who will focus on applied investment research in the fields of quantitative finance, asset allocation, global macro strategies, risk premia, factor strategies and portfolio construction. The successful candidate is expected to work on selected projects spanning multiple asset classes such as global equities, fixed income, credit, commodities, currencies, real estate and alternative investments.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Perform empirical research using economic and financial data, applying regression and statistical analysis, building valuation and forecasting models for multiple asset classes, and back-testing of actionable investment strategies.
- Partner with research analysts within IIS to support investment research agenda.
- Develop systematic and discretionary investment strategies across asset classes, designing custom-solutions for diverse client objectives.
- Support research agenda outlined by senior management, following macro and quantitative research from sell-side firms, central banks, multilateral institutions and academic journals.
- Support the automation and streamlining of existing spreadsheets/processes
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Excellent quantitative skills, with knowledge of applied statistics and econometrics.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Strong skills in Excel (including VBA) or statistical packages such as Matlab, Phyton, R, etc. and programming.
- Very attentive to details, and strong ability to efficiently organize large amounts of data.
- Strong drive, passion and curiosity to undertake investment research initiatives beyond assigned projects, contributing to the overall investment process also with own independent ideas.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Advanced degree in Economics, Finance, Applied statistics or other Quantitative Finance Disciplines.
FLSA (US Only): Nonexempt
Source: Invesco’s Career Page
About Invesco Real Estate
Invesco Ltd. is a privately-owned investment management company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded over 70 years ago, the company is relied on by institutional investors across the world to manage their various invested assets. The company currently has over $800 billion in assets under management managed by over 6,000 employees in 11 countries.
Invesco Real Estate (IRE) was established in 1983 as the real estate investment division of Invesco Ltd. IRE manages a real estate portfolio of $67.8 billion (as of 12.31.16) with CRE investment teams in 21 locations around the world covering properties in North America, Asia, and Europe.
The Invesco Real Estate Team is made up of 447 employees, managing investments in direct real estate, real estate securities including both equity and debt, infrastructure securities, and master limited partnerships. Employees work out of offices in Atlanta (HQ), Dallas, Newport Beach, New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Munich, Prague, Madrid, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singapore, Seoul, Luxembourg, Beijing, Sydney, Warsaw, Milan, and Hyderabad.