PCCP is seeking a Vice President of Asset Management in our Atlanta office who will be responsible for the performance of every aspect of their assigned equity portfolio. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of real estate operations, property management, construction and leasing with a variety of product types and will be additive in managing a diverse portfolio of projects across multiple markets throughout the U.S. Primarily working in conjunction with operating partners, the asset manager will identify, recommend, and execute strategies to achieve asset specific investment objectives. Responsibilities include budget and business plan review and approvals, performance reporting, oversight of ground up development and major capital renovations (typically in conjunction with an operating partner), evaluating and approving tenant leases, establishing leasing and marketing objectives for individual assets, oversight of asset dispositions and refinancing/debt restructuring opportunities, and overall management of the relationship with the joint venture partner. This role is responsible for maintaining excellent working relationships with PCCP peers, third party team members and joint venture partners. The Vice President will ultimately be held accountable for delivering the best returns on investment and utilizing the highest levels of industry best practices.
- Apply a proactive, hands-on management strategy to maximize the value of each investment within the assigned portfolio.
- Work closely with joint venture partners to manage brokers, property managers, construction/project managers and attorneys to provide clear direction in executing on both the portfolio’s strategy and the specific asset’s business plan.
- Complete performance reports to investors on a quarterly basis and present results to various PCCP constituents.
- Prepare well-developed and accretive business plans, investment strategies, and proforma projections for each investment to enhance long term value. Review and approve annual budgets, capital projections and leasing projections for each property to ensure business plan objectives are being met.
- Work with PCCP’s acquisitions officers on potential transactions – from due diligence and underwriting, through closing, providing feedback on underwriting assumptions and capital budgets.
- Integrate with local joint venture project partners to ensure each asset is receiving proper oversight and strategic insight. Serve as primary point of contact with joint venture partner post closing and serve as an extension of the originations team in managing the relationship with the local team to foster future business.
- Play a lead role in asset disposition, refinancing and debt restructuring efforts from selecting the broker to negotiating the legal documents to seeing the deal through closing.
- Perform periodic hold/sell analyses and make recommendations on exit strategy and timing to maximize returns on investment.
- Serve as a mentor and “coach” to junior members of the team to train, develop and motivate them to perform at their best.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 7+ years of in-depth asset management or property management experience in commercial real estate, construction management or engineering, development and /or related disciplines, preferably amongst a variety of product types (office, retail, industrial and /or multifamily) as well as in multiple markets.
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills, with a finance driven approach to the business including confidence in working with Excel and Argus. Must also possess excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Extensive experience with institutional quality tenant improvements, interior base building construction and the repositioning of assets and property dispositions.
- Strong working knowledge of debt and capital markets.
- Detail-oriented with a solid ability to think and communicate strategically to various internal and external constituents, partners, investors and third party service providers.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize work load efficiently and effectively with little direction.
- Possess an intuitive and detailed sense of the dynamics and risks of each transaction. This person should have the ability to “look beyond the numbers” at the broader trends and research data to forecast and develop strategies for a variety of investment types under management. This person will be expected to bring a strong institutional ownership perspective and experience to help sustain industry best practices and achieve investment return objectives.
About PCCP, LLC
Since 1998, PCCP, LLC has been providing commercial real estate debt and equity capital for middle-market real estate projects throughout the United States. PCCP has managed, raised or invested over $25.2 billion of institutional capital and continues to pursue investment opportunities with proven operators. PCCP originates and manages all of its investments, providing capital for all major real estate product types. PCCP invests across the capital stack, from joint venture equity to senior and mezzanine debt, while seeking to identify the best risk-adjusted returns for our investors. With over $12.7 billion of assets under management, PCCP is an established fiduciary for its global investors, with offices in New York, San Francisco, Atlanta and Los Angeles.