We are looking for an astute, determined professional like you to fulfill an Investment Analyst within our Transactions function, covering Senior Housing Assets. You will showcase your success through collaboration, ownership and innovation. Your expertise in emerging trends and practices will evoke stimulating discussions around optimization and change to help keep our competitive edge. This rewarding opportunity will enable you to make a big impact in our organization, so if this sounds exciting, then PGIM might be the place.
- Analyze and underwrite investment opportunities for the acquisition and development of seniors housing properties across all investment structures and risk profiles.
- Lead the due diligence and closing processes for acquisitions in conjunction with portfolio and asset management teams.
- Create cash flow models, sensitivity tables, rent roll analyses, joint venture waterfall models, and other financial analyses required to evaluate and pursue acquisition opportunities.
- Oversee and assist with Investment Committee memoranda preparation and related materials through market research, risk analysis, and in-depth understanding of investment factors.
- Analyze economic, market, legal, and political conditions within various regions.
- Assist asset management teams in property financings, appraisal review, and other activities that may require feedback from the Transactions group.
- Supervise, mentor, and train junior team members in the execution of day to day duties
Your Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-3 years relevant work experience.
- Understanding of basic real estate terms and concepts such as contracts, rents, operating expenses, capital expenditures, and occupancy.
- Understanding of basic finance concepts such as NOI returns, cash flow returns, cap rates, internal rate of return, present value/discounted cash flow.
- Understanding of key real estate agreements including purchase and sale agreements, management agreements, partnership agreements, and loan agreements
- Ability to make presentations to senior management, investment committee or clients
- Ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a team.
- Computer proficiency with excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills.
- Strong business writing skills
Your Desired Skills:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Real Estate or related discipline preferred.
- Senior housing experience preferred.
- Previous managerial experience preferred.
Source: PGIM Real Estate Career Page
About PGIM Real Estate
PGIM Real Estate is the real estate investment business of PGIM, Inc., the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). Redefining the real estate investing landscape since 1970, PGIM Real Estate has professionals in 18 cities in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific with deep local knowledge and expertise, and gross assets under management of $66 billion ($47.6 billion net) as of December 31, 2016. PGIM Real Estate’s tenured team offers to its global client base a broad range of real estate investment vehicles that span the risk-return spectrum across core, core plus, value-add, debt, securities, and specialized investment strategies.