This Director-level position reports directly to the Vice President of Operations. You will be responsible for the maintenance management/operations of a portfolio of assigned communities, including direct oversight of the on-site maintenance managers, computer systems utilization, selection and oversight of third-party vendors, and quality control. The selected candidate will manage maintenance operations such as staff recruitment/retention, training, financial budget planning and performance, customer service, and third-party suppliers in order to maximize revenue, control expenses, and improve customer satisfaction.
To qualify, you must have a Bachelor’s degree (Engineering degree a plus) or 5 years of progressive maintenance management responsibility in property management, building services, hospitality or a similar environment. Applicants should have 5-7 years of management experience overseeing multiple direct reports in the maintenance/engineering function, with the ability to effectively manage a portfolio of communities as evidenced by a work history of addressing issues such as third-party vendor oversight, systems utilization, maintenance operations, personnel management, team building, customer services, budget management and negotiations.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
Source: Avalon Bay Career Page
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing high-quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. AvalonBay owns and operates approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.