The Portfolio Manager is responsible for managing the performing Agency Portfolio consisting of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, HUD, and conduit loans. Portfolio management serves as the first line of defense in managing and maintaining the credit quality of the portfolio.
The Portfolio Manager will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Loan document review and interpretation
- Identify areas of risk and evaluate long term viability of loans
- Responsible for timely satisfaction and compliance with Investor requirements
- Responsible for completing quarterly financial analyses to evaluate projects performance and discuss with borrowers any substantial variances noted
- Conduct Physical Property inspections, as required by the investor, in order to evaluate property condition and follow up on any deferred maintenance observed
- Complete Risk Ratings as a means to proactively mitigate potential risk associated with each asset within the portfolio
- Prepare Action Plan on any loans placed on the Watch List and transferred to Loan Surveillance
- Request and review documentation relative to any Escrowed Reserves including Replacement reserves, Completion and Immediate repairs,
- Capital Improvements, Re-stabilization Reserves, Insurance losses, Easements, Partial releases and any other issues that may arise to determine and recommend release of funds
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or a related discipline.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in finance or related field. Exposure to real estate, risk and financial analysis, valuation of commercial real estate properties, underwriting or asset management, client relationship management, distressed loan workouts, capital markets and property rehabilitations is desired.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on teams in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- Loan servicing system experience a plus
Source: Arbor Realty Career Page
About Arbor Realty Trust
Arbor Realty Trust (NYSE: ABR) is a United States real estate investment trust that provides debt and equity capital for apartment and commercial property owners nationwide. With a current servicing portfolio of more than $13 billion, Arbor is a top 10 Fannie Mae Multifamily Lender, a top Fannie Mae Small Loan Lender, a Freddie Mac Program Plus Seller/Servicer, and the #1 Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan Lender. Arbor also originates CMBS, bridge, mezzanine, and preferred equity.
Founded in 1983 by Chairman and CEO Ivan Kaufman, Arbor Realty Trust is based in Uniondale, NY with offices across the United States. Arbor offers a wide-array of career opportunities for real estate professionals interested in loan origination, servicing, and equity placement.