The successful applicant will be a member of Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) PI Real Estate, based out of Sydney. The applicant will work as part of small deal team. The applicant must be able to interact with other members of the team, market participants including intermediaries, real estate companies and developers and vendors. The applicant will also be expected to manage investment committee processes, lead transaction negotiations.
- The real estate division of the Principal Investment Area invests in both debt and equity instruments, predominantly through private investments
- Your primary function will be the head of loan asset management for the ANZ PI Real Estate platform, with management oversight of the loan book
- You will be expected to have strong management capabilities and industry sourcing contacts including intermediaries and brokers, real estate companies and developers. In addition, the candidate will be up to date with macroeconomic conditions, as well as key drivers and fundamentals in major real estate asset classes
- Seeking ambitious team players with strong communication skills and work ethic, with the ability to collaborate with a local and global teams and external partners and consultants
- Your role will also involve analyzing various real estate investment opportunities working hand in hand with the acquisition team
- Primary contact with borrowers for the GS loan book in ANZ, responsible for performance of each loan, and relationship management of investors / developers
- As main liaison, actively monitor and stay up to speed with each loan position, including covenant tracking, construction progress, scheduled and ad hoc paydowns
- Oversee periodic funding requirements in coordination with internal and external constituents
- Where necessary engage in restructuring discussions on loan positions
- Accurate budgeting of quarterly cashflow projections and variance reconciliation with actual performance
- Source and identify potential real estate investment opportunities, both from new relationships and as follow-on to the existing book
- Where required manage the preparation of investment committee memoranda, in addition to any other internal / external presentation and update materials
- Perform due diligence and valuation work across various real estate asset classes we lend to
- Project management and team co-ordination, including the development and training of junior team members
- Interface with external parties, including financial intermediaries, real estate companies, real estate operating partners, financiers, consultants, legal etc.
- Bachelor’s degree equivalent
- 7-10 years relevant experience in areas such as private equity/credit (or other real estate investing/credit role), capital transactions, investment banking, management consulting, real estate investment management or real estate development
- At least 3 years of prior investing or loan asset management experience
- Real estate valuation experience in both equity and debt
- Project management and presentation skills
- Creative thinkers with strong problem solving skills, and flexibility to adapt to different situations, market conditions and evolving strategies
Source: Goldman Sachs Career Page
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE: GS) is a U.S. financial services firm founded in 1869 by Marcus Goldman and Samuel Sachs. It is headquartered at 200 West Street in Lower Manhattan, New York City, NY. The company employs 34,000 employs across the world. Its main business lines include asset management, commercial banking, investment banking, investment management, and prime brokerage.
Goldman Sachs Realty Management Division (RMD) provides real estate investment services and asset management to investments where Goldman Sachs has an interest. The Realty Management Division has offices in the Americas as well as in Europe, Asia, and Australia and is organized into six business units including Hospitality, Loan Asset Management, Real Estate Credit Investing, Portfolio Management, Real Estate Asset Management, and Residential Mortgage Asset Management.